We have come to the end of our first week of the 2012/2013 school year!  What an exciting, crazy-busy week! We know that your child(ren) have come home with exciting information for you.  By now they have learned their new schedules and probably made some new friends!

Many of you have been asking about Parent Portal passwords.  We are changing to a new system this year and look to roll out that red carpet during the week of September 4th.  Look for information about PinPoint to come home during that week.

Sixth grade parents-mark your calendars for September 13.  On that day Health Screenings will be held in the media center for all 6th grade students. Sixth grade parents, if your student wears glasses or contact lenses, please remind them to wear them on Thursday, September 13th. The Leon County Health Department will be screening for scoliosis, vision, hearing and BMI.

PTO will meet Tuesday, August 28, at 5:30 in the Media Center.  Voting will be held for new officers.  If you have questions about PTO please contact Sydna Atwater at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

Do you have a Facebook account?  The Cobb PTO Facebook page is ready for you to "Like" it!  THANK YOU to Suzanne Rita Byrnes for undertaking this project.

Picture order forms were sent home this week. Picture Day is next Tuesday, August 28th. Pictures will be taken during your child's math class.  Order forms should be completed and given to the photographer.  If your child needs an additional order form please contact Mr. Walper at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

Remember, we want your child to have their best educational experience ever!  If you have concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to call or email.

Have a fun family weekend!

P.S. Check out this photo of our faculty as we welcome you to this new school year!