From: Mosley, Gail
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Odds and Ends, Repeats and Attachments

Spaghetti Dinner-

On November 3rd, the Cobb Magnet Program will host the Annual Magnet Science and Technology Spaghetti Dinner.  This event promises to be fun and entertaining as you spend time with your extended Cobb Magnet family! Tickets are only $5.00 ($2.00 ages 7 and under) and will be sold by Magnet students prior to the event and at the door that night.

If you would like to help by donating your time to sell tickets during any of the lunches at Cobb, please contact Gail Mosley at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  Your help is needed, wanted, appreciated!  Don't miss this golden opportunity to sneak a lunch with your child!  Lunches run from 11:36-1:49.  You may choose all or any part of that time.

DONATIONS NEEDED FOR THIS EVENT:

Cobb provides the cafeteria, pasta, sauce, cutlery and paper products; parent volunteers & teachers provide the food, service, and labor. We ask that each 6th grade family provide a bread/breadsticks & drinks; each 7th grade family provide a salad dish with dressing as needed; and each 8th grade family provide a dessert dish. Portions should serve 8-10 people.  Donations should be brought to school the day of the event.

Prizes will  be given to the top sales person!

Ms. Parrot and Ms. Davis are taking the lead on this fundraiser.  Their contact information is

Proceeds from this event will be used to defray the cost of Magnet field trips and other events!

And speaking of field trips-

We are ready to begin preparations for the 6th and 7th grade field trips.  Please review the attached letter as appropriate for your child.  Each letter gives a time line for fees.  Know that you may pay earlier than the designated time and you may pay in full for the first payment if you would like!  If you would like to receive confirmation of payment in a Christmas card, that can be arranged too!

The 6th grade overnight adventure will be to Kennedy Space Center.  The 7th grade overnight adventure will be to SeaWorld.  The students always enjoy these field trips and come back bubbling with new knowledge!

Don't forget-report cards go home November 2nd.  We are very proud of our students as they continue to excel!

Have a safe, family-fun-filled, LONG weekend! (Okay, it is only Thursday...but it needed to be said!)

:)

By the way-all of these attachments may be found on the Magnet webpage.