Our wonderful LCS partner Super-Lube has provided GMS with a Super-Lube Rewards Card for all of our parents and staff.  The card is a fundraiser for Griffin and the more we use the cards, the more dollars we can raise for our school!  Remember, individuals receive an 8% discount on their total bill and Griffin receives 7% in fundraising revenue.  We distributed these cards to every student in August, but additional cards can be picked up in the front office.  Thanks for your support!

Griffin Calendar of Upcoming Events

*         9/25               All-State Honors Band Auditions at Lincoln High School.  This Honors Band will perform in Tampa in January at the Florida Music Educators' Association Annual Clinic-Conference.  Symphonic Band students may see Mr. Singleton for more information and audition materials, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

*         9/25               Shining Our Shores Community Clean Up, This is a community service project sponsored by Keep Leon County Beautiful.  Civics students and Green Team members who volunteer will work on the picnic table area and the green spaces at Lake Ella.  8:00-10:30 a.m.

*         9/27               Girls' Volleyball GMS vs Fairview at Fairview, 6:30 p.m.

*         9/28               Builders' Club Meeting, Officer Election, 8:15 - 8:45 a.m. media center

*         9/28               Tackle Football, GMS vs Fairview at Cox Stadium, 7:30 p.m.  Go Tigers!

*         9/29               Builders' Club Induction Ceremony, 5:45 - 6:30 p.m., cafeteria

*         9/30            Tiger Football "Scoop Night" at Brusters Ice Cream on W. Tharpe Street, next to Godby HS, 7:00-9:00 p.m.  Come out and enjoy some delicious homemade ice cream and support the Griffin Middle School Football team. GO TIGERS!!!

*         9/30               Everhart Cross Country Invitational, Gretchen Everhart School, 10:30 a.m.

*         10/1                Student Picture Day, [cid:image002.jpg@01CB5C00.22F7C650]  Picture Day is coming Friday, October 01, 2010.  Mark your calendar! School portraits by Lifetouch feature studio-style photography that give students the freedom to create a look that's truly their own. Look for complete information on the flyer provided to your child. Plus visit www.lifetouch.com for clothing suggestions, grooming tips, online payment details and more.

*         10/4                Band Parent Meeting, 1st Monday of every month, 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the bandroom

*         10/4                SAC Meeting 6:00 p.m., PTO Meeting 7:00 p.m. (first Monday of the month)

*         10/4                Tigerette Dance Team Share Event at Red Elephant Restauant in Midtown, Dine in or carry out and the team receives 15% of the sale, see attached flyer

*         10/5                Green Team Meeting, Mrs. Marshall's room @ 9:00 a.m.

*         10/5                Tackle Football, GMS vs Nims at Chiles HS, 7:30 p.m.  Go Tigers!

*         10/6                City Cross Country Championship, Apalachee Park, 6:00 p.m.  Go Tigers!

*         10/7                8th Grade Parent Meeting, 6-7:00 p.m., Discussion:  Field Trips, Special Events and Fundraising, see attached letter

*         10/8                SGA Election, Voting will take place during homerooms.

*         10/13              PSAT for 8th Grade Pre-AP, Pre-IT, and others who choose to participate, cost is $13.00, 60 slots available, call Ms. King in Guidance, 488-4200

*         10/19              Green Team Meeting, Mrs. Marshall's room @ 9:00 a.m.

*         10/21              End of 1st 9 week grading period

*         10/22              Teacher Planning Day, No School

*         9/27-10/7      SGA Campaigning, Election signs displayed in the cafeteria.

*         11/2                Report Cards go home

*         11/5                Picture Retake Day

*         11/11               Veterans Day Holiday, No School

*         11/15-19         Griffin Science Fair

*         11/24-26        Thanksgiving Holiday - No School