Welcome back!

Yesterday was a fantastic day and we have had a wonderful start to this school year! Students are finding their way around campus and are settling into their routines.  The sixth graders are adjusting so quickly!  There were very brief ‘uh-oh’ moments on their faces during class changes, but as they realized that middle school teachers are truly here to help, they relaxed and moved on with business as usual.  The seventh and eighth graders?  What can I say? they have everything under control, of course.  Most of them have grown at least a couple of inches, how does that happen in just a few weeks?!
Okay, for the next fun part—
We will have a Magnet Parent meeting August 31st at 4:30. At this meeting, we will plan our first family event.  We have scheduled a breakfast to be held at Applebee’s will be September 18 at 8:00 AM at Applebee’s.  I have had many parents express an interest in helping with this event. At that meeting, we will also discuss the Magnet Spaghetti Dinner.  I am looking forward to your input!
Don’t forget to add Open House to your calendars.  That is scheduled for September 16 and will begin at 6:00 P.M.
If you are interested in helping with the planning either of the family activities but can’t make the meeting, or if you have questions, shoot me an email. Don’t forget that if you reply to this e-mail, I will not get it as this is the listserv.  My e-mail address is [log in to unmask] .
 Oh, if I havent mentioned it beforethank you for choosing Cobb!