The effects of bullying are so devastating and profound that Griffin takes a firm stand on a no-bullying policy.  Our students have been exposed to a bullying prevention program in their homeroom classes since October.  We intend to give our students the information they need to effectively recognize forms of bullying and how to report bullying.  The students have watched videos, participated in homeroom activities and a poster contest.  Talk with your child about the things they have learned and let them know that you support our anti-bullying message and are committed to our program’s success.

Griffin Middle School will be getting a Builder’s Club! The Builder’s Club is sponsored through Kiwanis International Service Organization. The club will offer activities that will encourage team-building, leadership skills, and assist in gaining volunteer hours. If you are interested in becoming a part of the Builders Club, you may stop by guidance and pick up more information.

The quarterly Popcorn and A Movie activity will take place on Tuesday, April 27th @ 4:00PM. It will be for those students who made honor roll and had good citizenship for this past three weeks. If students have not already done so, they will need to stop by guidance and pick up a permission form by the end of the day.

Ms. King will be assisting students to complete their EPEPS Tuesday, May 4th through Thursday, May 6th. If you have not completed or started on Epep, you will need to stop by and make an appointment to complete it during your elective period. You may begin signing up today.

Its that time again! The Annual Honors Banquet will be on Tuesday, May 25th @ the Civic Center @ 11:00 a.m.  Letters for those students who will be participating will go out next Monday.

Summer Camps – Griffin will offer 5 different camps this summer:
Watch for sign up forms soon!

Upcoming Events at Griffin:

Community Crime Prevention Program

Tropical Smoothie Cafe Fundraiser - Friday, April 30, 5-9:00 p.m., Ocala Road (next to Publix)
Helping has never been so easy or so much fun! Instead of going to some other restaurant for dinner, simply stop
by the Ocala Road Tropical Smoothie Cafe’ on Friday, April 30, anytime between 5:00pm - 9:00pm and have
some great food for a great cause! When placing your order, please make sure to hand over this flier and
Tropical Smoothie Cafe’ will donate up to 20% of our sales to the cause. It’s that easy!
*SPECIAL GIFT: Anyone redeeming this flier will also receive a Buy One Get One Free coupon, good during
their next visit!
        Print out this flyer and share with family and friends!