FW: Cobb Middle School Magnet Program

From: Wright, DJ
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 3:37 PM
To: Thompson, Sylvester
Subject: FW: Cobb Middle School Magnet Program

To be added to our website.

D.J. Wright

Proud Principal

Oak Ridge Elementary School

Where Learning Gives Us Wings

850-488-3124

From: Bell, Shelly
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 3:32 PM
To: PrincipalsElem
Subject: Cobb Middle School Magnet Program

REQUEST:  Would you please forward the following onto your listserv? This contains information (and a couple attachments) about the Cobb Magnet Program and the application process.

Thanks,

Shelly L. Bell

Dear Parent/Guardian,

If your child is looking to gain an academic edge in the competitive 21st century, then Cobb Middle School’s Applied Science and Technology Magnet Program is the course of study for them.  Cobb faculty and staff strive to help students achieve high standards in science, math, technology, language arts and social sciences.  We also offer an award-winning Fine Arts Department complete with band, drama, chorus and visual art that is second to none!

In addition to meeting your child’s academic and cultural needs, Cobb offers students the ability to earn high school credits in math, science and foreign languages before they ever set foot inside a high school classroom.  Our goal is to provide your child with a strong, well-rounded academic experience that will prepare them to meet the demands of the future.  Our unwavering pursuit of “Excellence on Purpose” is proven by our nine consecutive years as an “A” school.

We invite you to learn more about Cobb Middle School’s Applied Science and Technology Magnet Program by visiting our school during our Magnet Open House on THURSDAY, February 11, 2010 to see the excitement students and faculty generate at Cobb.  The program will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m. in the gym

In addition, if your child is interested in seeing what our program is all about, you may call our Guidance Office at 488-3363 and register your child to participate in one of our Shadow Days.  The dates for shadowing are February 16, 17, 18, 23, 24, and 25.  If the dates listed above are not convenient for you or your child, please contact your Guidance Office to see when our team will be visiting your elementary school.

Applications for the Applied Science and Technology Magnet Program are available for download on our school website at www.cobb.leon.k12.fl.us or can be picked up in our Main Office.  You may also obtain an application at the Open House.  Please remember that applications must be received by Cobb Middle School on or before February 25, 2010. (An application is also attached to this email)

All acceptance notifications will be delivered between March 12-19th either via e-mail or by telephone. If you require additional information or assistance, please call Gail Mosley, Magnet Program Coordinator, at 488-3363.

Cobb teachers and staff will be visiting elementary schools during the month of January and February to answer questions and give a brief overview of our magnet program. The following is a list of dates, times and schools we will be visiting.

January—

12  Roberts 6:00 p.m.

19  Springwood  6:00 p.m.

21  Sullivan  7:10 p.m.

26  Conley  5:30 p.m.

28  Hartsfield  6:00 p.m.

February —

2  Bucklake  6:00 p.m.

4 Gilchrist  6:30 p.m.

9  Sealey  6:00 p.m.

16  Chaires  5:30 p.m.

18  WT Moore  6:00 p.m.

23 Canopy Oaks 6:30 p.m.

The Cobb family looks forward to meeting you and helping your child meet their academic and cultural goals.

<<Magnet Brochure.pdf>> <<Magnet Application 09_10.doc>> <<Magnet Application 09_10.pdf>>

Shelly L. Bell

Principal

Elizabeth Cobb Middle School

Phone: (850) 488-3364