We are now in the 3rd 9 weeks of this school year; and, it is the
beginning of the 2nd semester.  Students should be accumulating needed
quality points and sharpening their test-taking skills for the upcoming
FCAT.  Please continue to check your child's agenda book daily, note
time-lines for special projects and make sure your child is getting to
school on time.  We will continue to closely monitor each student's
progress while communicating our high expectations for academic success
and appropriate student behavior.

Learning Wheels

Check out the attached flyer for the Learning Wheel session for parents
and educators in February.  Plan to attend this extremely informative
meeting plus there will be great door prizes!  To register & for more
details:  www.fdlrs.leon.k12.fl.us <http://www.fdlrs.leon.k12.fl.us/>
or call 850-487-2630.

Boys & Girls Track & Field

All boys and girls interested in participating in any running events
(sprints, relays, distance) or field events (shot put, high jump, long
jump) should attend an Interest meeting on January 13 at 7:05am in the
gym with Mrs. Jones and Mr. Selver. Please make sure you have picked up
a packet from them and you are working on getting a current physical if
you do not have one. There will be a mandatory parent meeting in
February. Contact them at 488-8436 if you have any questions.

8th graders planning for High School

All 8th graders have been creating and updating their Epep (Electronic
Personal Education Planner). This is part of the career course (through
History) that is a promotional requirement for all 8th graders to go to
high school. The students heard Mrs. Jones explain briefly in an
assembly on Tuesday what was going to take place.  History teachers then
showed a short dvd from FACTS.org and each student completed a planning
activity sheet to help them have all needed information for the Epep. By
the end of today, all 8th graders should have their Epep completed.
Parents, ask your child to pull up their Epep with the login and
password, so you can review it with them. If you have any questions or
concerns contact your child's History teacher, or the 8th grade
counselor Mrs. Jones

Important Upcoming Dates for Your Calendar

Monday, January 12

SAC Meeting, 6:00 p.m.

PTO Meeting, 7:00 p.m.

Tuesday, January 13