Report cards go home on Monday. If you have questions about your child's
report card, please call the Guidance Office at 488-4200. Griffin offers
a number of opportunities for students and parents to take advantage of
to help students bring their grades up. Remember, LCS's promotional
requirements state that students must pass 5 out of 6 courses (three of
which must be in the areas of English, mathematics, science or social
studies) with a minimum average of a D.  Our teachers are available
after school by appointment for one-on-one assistance until 2:30.
Griffin also hosts an After School Library on Tuesday, Wednesday, and
Thursday afternoons, where students can come to complete homework or
classwork activities and use computers for research in a quiet
environment clear of distractions.  In addition, you can help your
student stay on track by checking their agenda book each night,
schoolnotes.com and teachers' Sharepoint websites and by logging on to
webgrade.

Calendar of Upcoming Events

Monday, October 27 - Red Ribbon Week: Wacky Tacky Day

            Report Cards Go Home

            Mock Presidential Elections Continue until 10/30, during
homeroom

            Boys Soccer Season Opener vs Fort Braden @ Messer Park,
5:30pm

       Girls Basketball at Belle Vue 6:00 pm

Tuesday, October 28 - Red Ribbon Week:  Put a Cap on Drugs - Wear a cap
for $1.00

                Mock Presidential Elections Continue until 10/30, during
homeroom

                Partners for Excellence Breakfast, 9:00 a.m., Media
Center Conference Room

            Brain Bowl for all interested kids, 2:00-4:00, see Mrs.
Woodruff

            After School Library, 2:00-3:45 p.m.

            Cheer Clinic @ Swift Creek 6:00 pm

Wednesday, October 29 - Red Ribbon Week: Show good character, wear a
drug free bracelet.

       Mock Presidential Elections Continue until 10/30, during homeroom

       Successful Young Men & Women, Ms Bush, 2:00 p.m.

       After School Library, 2:00-3:45 p.m.

Thursday, October 30 - Red Ribbon Week: Too cool to do drugs (wear
shades) & Homeroom Door                                    Decorating
Contest

       Mock Presidential Elections Continue until 10/30, during homeroom

            Studio Production, Ms Bush, 2:00 p.m.

            After School Library, 2:00-3:45 p.m.

            Girls Basketball vs Fort Braden @ GMS 6:00 pm

            Boys Soccer vs Deerlake @ Messer Park 7:00 pm

Friday, October 31 - Happy Halloween! - Red Ribbon Week:  Better things
to do than drugs (wear
blue or sports/club shirts)

       Cheerleader Snack Fundraiser, Bus ramp, 1:50 p.m.

            Barnes & Nobles PTO Fundraiser, 10/31 - 11/3

November 4      United States Presidential Election - Remember to Vote

November 11     Veterans Day Holiday - No School - Honor Our Veterans!

November 19     Interim Progress Reports

November 26-28 Thanksgiving Holiday

December 10     Chorus performs at Old State Capitol

Kids Voting - Tuesday, November 4th

We need parent volunteers on November 4th from 7:00 am - 9:00 am and
from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm at the Dade Street voting Precinct for our Kids
Voting booth.  Parents are needed to help with the students signing in
and giving them a ballot to vote.  It would be nice to have two parents
for the morning shift and three or four to rotate through on the
afternoon shift.  Please call the school office, 488-8436 and ask for
Mrs. Clancy, if you can volunteer or if you would like more information.
Deadline for this is Friday, October 31st.

******************************

 Griffin Middle School

Successful Young Men & Women

Invites you to participate in a

WIN-WIN Cause

You Win:  over $1500 in valuable coupons for $20.00  (free oil change,
Pizza Hut pizza for 99 cents, buy one get one free at many local venues,
free golf, free bowling, magazine prescriptions for $2.00, free double
upgrades on car rentals, 50% off on rentals, and the list goes on)

We Win:  financial support in our quest to raise money for our
Educational Field Trip to New York City in April of 2009.

  <javascript:void(0);>

Please see any member, parent, or

Ms. Johnnie Mae Bush

(284-5936, 488-8436 or [log in to unmask])