SPRINGWOOD-PARENTS Archives

Springwood Elementary School Parents

SPRINGWOOD-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Sylvia Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 16:39:02 -0400
LCS Community:

Our District is closely monitoring the spread of the Covid-19 virus. Staff has been meeting daily to discuss operations and to plan for any possible impact this may have on our school system in the days to come.

Here are some of the things we have already implemented:

·         We have created a dedicated website to provide you with updated information. You can access that here: https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.leonschools.net%2fcovid19&c=E,1,lXEqVODD3AZAH4xRUvfVINqqf2aw1tYDHR1Okwzf7Oi4rw9gXePtKmszFQpm1F77z3Ypjet2aLeuqYwneftKm6Z4PSMozjSH8qQDbgLA4DxB&typo=1

·         We have increased the cleaning routines and provided for additional supplies at all of our schools and bus compounds.

·         We held a conference call with all of our school administrators and will continue to work with our schools to share information and adjust plans accordingly.

·         We continue to stay in contact with local health experts at the Health Department as well as our colleagues at the City of Tallahassee, Leon County, FSU, FAMU, TCC, Capital Health Plan, Tallahassee Memorial and Capital Regional Hospital.

Student Travel

With regard to field trips, LCS will continue to monitor domestic travel advisories and recommendations of the CDC and local health experts. As of now, there have been no recommendations by health experts stating not to travel domestically.  Parents can, as always,  make the best decision when it comes to their family; however there are no guaranteed refunds for canceling these pre-planned trips. As of now, there are no changes to currently scheduled field trips or athletic contests. Schools and chaperones may adjust individual itineraries once on their excursions as necessary.

Our number one priority will continue to be the safety of our students and staff. We will continue to actively  monitor this ongoing situation with also encouraging our students and staff members to practice healthy habits by washing hands, covering mouths while coughing and sneezing, and staying home if ill.

Please see other relevant information provided by Leon County Emergency Management following my signature.

Sincerely,

Rocky Hanna