SPRINGWOOD-PARENTS Archives

Springwood Elementary School Parents

SPRINGWOOD-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Bruggner, Betsy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:05:29 -0500
 Dear Parents and Students of Springwood,
It's that time of year again!  Time to celebrate with friends and family, and to give thanks for all that we have.
This is also an excellent time to encourage our children to become thoughtful, compassionate citizens of our community.
Toward this end, we are having our annual Holiday Canned Food Drive at Springwood.
We encourage each of our students to share something with one of our local families who might temporarily be struggling a bit.
We will be collecting items to put together Holiday Food Boxes for as many families as we can before we get out for the Winter Holidays.
We will start to collect canned and boxed items starting  tomorrow (Tuesday, November 14th) and continue  with our collecting through Friday, December 15th.
Items we are collecting:
Canned vegetables (corn, peas, sweet potatoes, green beans)
Stuffing
Dried Mashed Potatoes
Rice
Gravy (packets or bottles)
Canned fruit cocktail, cranberry sauce
Bisquick mix
Cornbread mix
Dried beans (limas, butterbeans)
Dried ham flavoring
Macaroni and cheese mix
evaporated milk
pudding or jello mix
dried pie crust mix

There is NO donation too large or small when a family  is in need.
Please bring donated items to the School office.  And thank you in advance!