SPRINGWOOD-PARENTS Archives

Springwood Elementary School Parents

SPRINGWOOD-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Claire Frick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:17:43 -0400
Dear Parents/Guardians,

It was wonderful to see so many of you at orientation yesterday despite the
rain!  I enjoyed meeting you and look forward to working with you to ensure
your child's success.  If I did not meet you, please feel free to stop by
to introduce yourself.

Here are a few reminders to make your child's first day of school a
successful one:

Be sure your child gets to bed early on Sunday night and eats a good
breakfast on Monday morning.  (We will be serving breakfast from 8:00 to
8:25 at school.)

Be sure your child knows how he/she is going home.

BUS RIDERS:
All of our buses are assigned a "color".  All bus riders will be tagged
with a dot that matches the "color" of their bus when they get off the bus
on Monday morning.  Children will go home on the same bus unless we hear
differently from you by 2:00 p.m.  If your child is a bus rider, he/she
will be called to the bus when it arrives. Bus numbers are as follows:

Bus 3012 - RED
Bus 3003/651 - BLUE
Bus 1017 - GREEN
Bus 1041 - PURPLE
Bus 692 - ORANGE
Bus 1050/1051 - PINK

DAYCARE VAN:
If your child is a daycare van rider, he/she will be called according to
the name of the child care center.

CAR PICKUP:
If your child will be picked up by car, please note that this year we will
NOT be using the pre-numbered tags. Instead students will be sitting
alphabetically.  ALL families will need NEW car tags.  If you attended
orientation, we hope that you were able to fill out the pink form giving us
your child's name and teacher's name.  If you did not fill out a form for a
new tag, the forms are available in the front office. We will send your tag
(s) home as soon as they arrive from the manufacturer.  We expect them this
next week.  Tags are to be hung over the rear view mirror.

We will call students by their last name to load their cars.  Students will
be seated alphabetically by last name (A's nearest the front of the car
pickup line).

PK students will stay with their teacher or instructional aide and will sit
at the front of the line; they will NOT sit alphabetically.

K students will stay together on the benches at the front of the line until
the teachers are comfortable with them joining the older students in ABC
order. It may be 2-3 weeks before K students are ready to join the other
students. Some K students who have older siblings may be ready to join the
other students sooner.

All other students (grades 1-5) will sit in ABC order starting on the first
day of school.  This procedure will help us locate your child quickly.

Our primary goal is to be sure all students arrive home safely!  We
appreciate your cooperation.  Please contact the front office at 488-6225
if you have any questions.

Have a great weekend!  See you bright and early Monday morning.

Mrs. Frick