SAIL-PARENTS Archives

SAIL High School Parents

SAIL-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Wood, Rosanne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wood, Rosanne
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:21:58 -0400
I know we are all shaken by the catastrophic results of Hurricane Katrina.  Here is something that we each can do to make a difference:

SAIL High School, along with all Leon County schools, is joining a district-wide campaign to aid in the Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief drive.  With all of us working together, we will be able to make a significant financial contribution that will have a greater impact than each of us working independently.

·The district's goal is to raise $2 per student/adult employee (if all schools meet this goal, we should easily exceed $80,000).  SAIL hopes to do even better!  We'll be happy to accept any amount of money that you are able to give.  All donations are tax deductible.

·The money will be donated to the local Red Cross; earmarked specifically for the Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief Fund.

·Please make checks payable to SAIL High School.  Cash donations will also be accepted.

·The campaign will run until September 23rd.  After that date we will forward our donations to Leon County Schools and our Superintendent will host a ceremony to donate one check from all Leon County school students, staff and parents. (The Superintendent is challenging local businesses and the Chamber of Commerce to match our donation.)

Let's all work together to make the LCS campaign a huge success and give support to those in need during this crisis.   If you have any questions, please contact SAIL at 488-2468.

Sincerely,

Rosanne Wood, Principal
SAIL High School
850-488-2468