SABALPALM-PARENTS Archives

Sabal Palm Elementary Parents

SABALPALM-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Robinson, Anicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2017 22:05:14 +0000
Dear Sabal Palm Community,

Superintendent Hanna participated in a conference call this morning with Governor Rick Scott and Commissioner Pam Stewart where they provided an update and discussed preparations.

As of this time we do not have any impacts to our school operations.  The forecast still anticipates the center of the storm to be near Key West on Saturday morning. The big question remains as to exactly when the storm will make its inevitable turn to the north.

Please know that your child(ren)’s safety is our number one concern.

·       We are in communication with the emergency management center and will continue to monitor the storm.

·       This is not a time to panic, but it is a time to prepare.   Please make sure your contact information is up to date.  If in doubt contact our Registrar, Ms. Thomas for verification and/or to find out how to update your information.

·       In case of school closure or schedule changes one of the first places you should check for information is on social media. (Twitter: @LeonSchools, Facebook: Leon County Schools, Instagram: Leon County Schools).  Local TV and radio stations will broadcast the newest updates as well.

·       Sabal Palm also has Facebook page and watch for messages on the listserv

·       In the case of lost power, email will be harder to send than posting updates to social media.

Please consider downloading the following app onto your phone: http://cms.leoncountyfl.gov/ei/citizensconnect.asp

(Leon County Emergency Information Portal)

Thank you and be safe.

Mrs. Robinson

Sent from my iPhone