RUEDIGER-PARENTS Archives

Ruediger Elementary Parents

RUEDIGER-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Carolyn Spooner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:41:03 -0400
Ruediger Elementary List Serv      Week October 24-28

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK
You may not always be given adequate time to meet the expectations required
of you.  Work heartily.  Stay focused on the task instead of the
inconvenience it presents. (V. Caruana)

REMINDERS
Conference
If you have not had a parent conference with your child’s teacher, call 488-
1074 and schedule on today.  This is an easy way to find out how your child
is doing in the classroom.

Media Center Open
The Media Center is open before school 7:15-7:50 to students that would
like to read and after school 2:10-2:45 for parents and students.

WE NEED YOUR HELP
To visit on campus, you will need to sign in and get a Visitor Badge any
time you are on campus. This is a safety precaution and we appreciate your
help with this procedure.  We have a NO Drop-In Policy at Ruediger
Elementary, please check with the classroom teacher BEFORE stopping by to
visit the classroom.  We are trying hard to have as few interruptions to
the instructional program, as possible.  A teacher stopping a lesson even
for a few minutes to assist or answer a parent’s question, disrupts the
lesson and takes away precious learning time.  If you would like to observe
or volunteer in the class, just let the teacher know to expect you.  This
will help the teacher plan and keep those interruptions down.

ARRIVAL  The earliest you can drop your child off is 7:05 a.m. Supervision
starts at 7:05 a.m.at the Tharpe Street entarnce.  Please help us keep your
child safe but dropping off after 7:05.
Dismissal Procedures  Dismissal begins at 2:10.  We need parents to meet
students by the cafeteria walkway.  We have approximately 100 additional
students this year and the hallways are jammed.  Please help us by waiting
at the Tenth Avenue Entrance.
If you have another way for your children to get home other than the normal
way they would go, PLEASE send the teacher a note.

FAMILY MINUTE  http://www.familyfirst.net
Do you have fun routines with your children?
Young children love routine... you know, those little things you do with
them on a regular basis. My wife takes my kids every Monday after school
for ice cream. I cook homemade pancakes for them Saturday mornings.
Whatever it is, make sure you develop fun routines with your kids. And it
doesn't have to take much time or cost much. It's something they'll
remember for the rest of their lives and something they'll probably pass on
to your grandchildren as well.
Remember, your family first,

Use your time in the car to teach your kids lessons in character. Check out
the article, Drivetime Stories.

Visit our Subscription Management page at
http://www.familyfirst.net/email.asp to change your email preferences, sign
up for other family-strengthening subscriptions or to stop receiving the
Family Minute.

Happenings This Week

10/24  MONDAY

10/25  TUESDAY
5:30-7:00 GED Family Fun Night and Technology Noght in the Cafeteria (Pizza
Dinner for those attending)

10/26  WEDNESDAY
Report Cards go home

10/27  THURSDAY

10/28  FRIDAY
Spirit Day Encourage your child to wear their Ruediger T-shirt or school
colors :teal and white”

Newsletter goes home

Awards Program in the Cafeteria
8:00-  9:00 Grades K-2
9:15-10:15 Grades 3-5

UP COMING DATES TO REMEMBER
11/2
Ruediger Spelling Bee Grades 4 & 5

11/3
Picture Retake Day
Third Grade Laptop Parent Night

11/8
Sea to See programs in Media Center Grades 2 & 4

Late Night Library Stories, milk, and cookies 6:00-7:00 in the Media Center

11/11
Veteran Day Holiday

11/14-11/22
Progress Reports sent home

SAC Meeting 6:00 in the Conference Room

11/15
PTO Meeting 6:00 in the Conference Room, 7:00 Kindergarten Program and
Dinner in the Cafeteria

11/17
CiCi Pizza Night (Ruediger families that order pizza $$$ go to Ruediger)

2:30-3:30 Flu Shots

11/18
Newsletter goes home

11/23-11/25
Thanksgiving Holiday

Looking forward to seeing you on RES campus this week.

Your Partner in Education,
Carolyn Spooner, Principal