RUEDIGER-PARENTS Archives

Ruediger Elementary Parents

RUEDIGER-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Carolyn Spooner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:58:29 -0400
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Supervision The earliest you can drop your child off is 7:05 AM.
Supervision starts at 7:05 AM at the Tharpe Street Entrance.  Please help
us keep your child safe by dropping off your child AFTER 7:05 each day.

The school day is over at 2:10.  Please make sure you make arrangements to
pick up your child on time.  Late pick-up causes a real supervision problem
in the afternoon.  We need you help with this problem.

Visits on Campus You will need to sign in and get a Visitor Badge any time
you are on campus. This is a safety precaution and we appreciate your help
with this procedure.

Please check with the classroom teacher before stopping by to visit the
classroom.  We are trying hard to have as few interruptions to the
instructional program, as possible.  A teacher stopping a lesson even for a
few minutes to assist or answer a parent’s question, disrupts the lesson
and takes away precious learning time.

If you would like to observe or volunteer in the class, just let the
teacher know to expect you.  This will help the teacher to plan and keep
those interruptions down.

Medication Students are not allowed to carry any type of medication
(prescription or non-prescription) in back packs.  Parents should come in
and complete proper paperwork to ensure that your child will receive
medication properly and on time.

Transportation If you change how your children goes home, PLEASE send the
teacher a note! Remember, if an emergency occurs or plans change, call the
school office BEFORE 1:45PM and a message will be given to your child about
the change.  We can not get messages to students after 1:45 PM. So, please
call as soon as you know your plans have changed.

Dismissal Procedures Dismissal begins at 2:10.  We need parents to meet
students by the cafeteria.  We have approximately 100 additional students
this year and the hallways are jammed.  Please help us by waiting at the
Tenth Avenue Entrance.

Car dropped off or picked up is done at the Tharpe Street entrance.

Walkers should enter and exit on Tenth Street entrance using the crosswalk.
If you would like to walk your child to class, please park in the Tenth
Avenue lot and walk your child across the parking lot.  For safety there is
NO drop off in the parking lot.

Bus If your child rides the bus, please make sure you speak to your child
about following all rules on the bus.

Thank you for your help and support.  You make a difference.