RUEDIGER-PARENTS Archives

Ruediger Elementary Parents

RUEDIGER-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Carolyn Spooner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:24:20 -0500
Happy Thanksgiving Week!
It's Thanksgiving!  Certainly, it is a "season of thanks!"  Let's not
forget to be thankful no matter what the circumstances may be!  As always,
please do not hestiate to call upon me at 488-1074 or email me at
[log in to unmask]  Have a wonderful week!

Nutrition Tip of the Week
Thanksgiving can be healthy:  Did you know that turkey is one of the most
nutritious meats you can eat?  It has more protein and calcium, and less
fat calories, and sodium than other meats.  The white meat (without the
skin)  is the healthiest way to enjoy turkey.  If you like the other parts,
just be sure to be careful how much you have.

Physical Activity of the Week
Find a convenient time and place to do activities.  Try to make it a habit,
but be flexible.  If you miss an exercise opportunity, work activity into
your day another way.

Black History Essay Contest
Governor Jeb Bush's Annual Black History Month Essay Contest is open to all
K-12 students in the state of Florida.  Essays should address the following
topic: "What Impact has an African American Educator from Florida Had on My
Life."  Three winners will be selected:  one elementary (K-5 student), one
middle (6-8 student), and one high school (9-12 student).  Winners will
receive a 4 year full tuition scholardship to any Florida State College or
University of their choice, provided by Florida Prepaid Education
Foundation.  Winners will be notified on January 20, 2005.  Contact Cristal
Cole in the GTovernor's Press Office at 488-5394 or Leslie D. Steele in the
Florida Lottery Communications Office at 487-7727 for more details.

Act-So Talent Showcase
The Tallahassee Branch of the NAACP ACT-SO program will sponsor a Talent
Showcase, on Friday, December 10, 2004.  The showcase will be held in the
Auditorium of the James A. Rickards High School, 3013 Jim Lee Road
beginning at 6:30 p.m.  Doors open at 6:00 p.m.  Talent from elementary,
middle and high schools will compete for prizes.  First place winner on
each level is $100.00 with $50.00 going to the second place winners and
third place winners will receive $25.00.  Schools are welcome to have more
than one performing group in dance, vocal, dramatics, peotry, or
instrumental.  Registration fee per unit is $5.00.  The community is
welcomed and an admission fee at the door is $5.00 which will support the
2005 ACT-SO Program.  ALL winners will also receive a "Certificate of
Appreciation" and a chance to visit an Orlando theme park in June 2005.

Remember....
Wednesday, December 15 and Thursday December 16 are full school days.  On
Friday, December 17 is an early release day!

Thanksgiving
The season of thankfulness is coming upon us!  Take this time to let family
and friends know how much you appreciate them and things that they do for
you and your family!  Let your children know how much you appreciate them
as well!

An Appointment is Needed
Parents, an appointment is needed when you come to the school and want to
meet with a teacher or to speak with a teacher.  Please keep in mind that
you MUST call prior to arriving!  We are asking teachers to make us aware
of all appointments in the front office and if you are not on the teacher's
list of appointments, you will have to schedule an appointment or write the
teacher a note.

As always, please do not hesitate to call upon me at 488-1074 or email me
at [log in to unmask]
Have a wonderful week!

Carolyn Spooner,
Ruediger Elementary Principal