ROBERTS-PARENTS Archives

Roberts Parents

ROBERTS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Teresa Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:12:36 -0400
MRS. YOUNGBLOOD’S MESSAGE
I am so proud of our older students for the effort they put into their
standardized testing these past two weeks.  Our younger students will have
their chance to show all they have learned when they take the SAT/10 the
week we return from Spring Break.  I feel confident they will also put
forth their best effort.
It is hard to believe that we are approaching the end of the third nine
weeks.  Teachers are in the process of setting up conferences with parents
of students who are struggling to meet grade level standards.  Please make
plans to attend these conferences if you are contacted so that you will be
aware of what must be accomplished for your child to be promoted to the
next grade level.
Spring Break is only a week away.  The students are well deserving of this
time off.  Have a safe and fun vacation!

SCIENCE FAIR FAMILY NIGHT
A Science Fair Family Night will be held on Tuesday, March 13, from 5:30 –
7:30 PM in the Media Center.  During the Family Night parents and students
of Roberts Elementary will be able to use the Media Center’s resources to
help your child choose a topic and begin planning an experiment.  Teachers
from each grade level will be available to answer questions and offer
advice.  Backboards will be available for purchase that evening in the
Media Center or any school day in the front office for $5.00.  We look
forward to seeing our young scientists at work!

TEACHER PLANNING DAY
There will be a teacher planning day on Friday, March 16.  There will be no
school for students that day.

SPRING BREAK
Spring Break will be the week of March 19-23.  There will be no school for
students that week.  Classes will resume on March 26.

TIME CHANGE – SPRING FORWARD
This is a reminder that daylight savings time will begin on Sunday, March
11.  Please remember to set your clocks ahead one hour on Saturday night.

SCHOOL OFFICE HOURS
Beginning Monday, March 26, the school office hours will be 7:00 AM – 3:30
PM.

SAT/10 TESTING
All kindergarten, first, and second grade students will be administered the
SAT/10 test the week we return from Spring Break.  Kindergarten students
will be tested on March 27, 28, and 29.  First and second grade students
will be tested on March 28 and 29.  Please make sure your children are well
rested, have a good breakfast, and arrive at school on time each day of
testing.

SPANISH NEWS FROM SEÑORA MOREIRA
Señora M would like to remind everyone that she has created a website
especially for her Spanish classes!  This website is updated regularly with
class information and includes links to other sites for our students to
practice Spanish.  Please visit the site often at
http://teacherweb.com/FL/RobertsElementarySchool/Spanish/index.html, or
link directly to the site from the Roberts homepage.

PE NEWS FROM MRS. COX AND COACH G
CONGRATULATIONS to the Roberts Elementary Family!  We collected $4,162.61
for the American Heart Association through our Jump Rope for Heart
campaign.  Thank you for your contributions for a healthier nation.

ARTWORK ON DISPLAY
CONGRATULATIONS to all students who will have artwork on display at the
Leon County Public Library during the month of March.

MUSIC NOTES FROM MRS. HULL
The children have been doing a great job on the keyboards.  Our third grade
students will be performing in a keyboard concert on March 30 at 8:30 AM in
the school cafeteria.
Please mark your calendars for April 26.  Our second graders will be
presenting “How Does your Garden Grow”.  More information will be sent home
soon.

DATES TO REMEMBER

March 11 Daylight Savings Time Begins
March 13 Science Fair Family Night – Media Center – 5:30-730 PM
March 15 End of Third Nine Weeks
March 16 Teacher Planning Day (Students Out)
March 19-23 Spring Break (Students/Teachers Out)
March 22-23 Spring Break -  School Office Closed
March 27-29 SAT/10 Testing (Kindergarten)
March 28-29 SAT/10 Testing (Grades 1 and 2)
March 30 Third Grade Keyboard Performance – Cafeteria – 8:30

GIFTED PARENT NIGHT
Deerlake Middle School will be holding their Gifted Parent Night for
incoming sixth grade students on Tuesday, April 24, at 6:30 PM.  Please
contact the Deerlake office at 922-6545 for more information.

FIELD DAY
Our annual Field Day will be held on Friday, April 13, and it promises to
be a fun day for all!  We will need lots of volunteers for this event.
Please contact Laurie Cox or Nick Gonatos at the school if you are
available to help out that day.  This event is a perfect opportunity for
DADS to volunteer!!   We also invite parents to stop by and watch the
events during the day.

SILENT AUCTION
The PTO of Roberts Elementary is gearing up for its fourth annual Silent
Auction, which will be held on April 17.  This is one of our best
fundraisers.  If you have contact with any businesses, have a vacation
rental, extra airline mileage, tickets to sport events you are willing to
donate, please let us know.  We encourage you to consider the places you do
a lot of business, from your hairdresser, jeweler, restaurants, etc.  We
also take cash donations to put extra baskets together for the auction.
You may also donate a basket on behalf of your business.  Before contacting
any business about donating to the Silent Auction, please contact Julia
Wester at [log in to unmask] or Gigi Soto at [log in to unmask]  We
can make this another successful Silent Auction with your help!

LOST AND FOUND
We have quite an accumulation of coats, sweaters, jackets, and lunchboxes
in our lost and found.  If your child has lost any of these items, please
have them come to the office to check lost and found.  Any items not picked
up by Thursday, March 15, 2007, will be donated to charity.  Please write
your child’s name in/on their belongings so that they can be returned to
them.

A SALUTE FROM ROBERTS

GOOD CITIZENS
Our Citizenship Skill for the week of February 19-23 was “courage”.
CONGRATULATIONS to those students whose names were drawn on February 23.
Our Citizenship Skill for the week of February 26-March 2 was “developing
talents”.  CONGRATULATIONS to those students whose names were drawn on
March 2.