ROBERTS-PARENTS Archives

Roberts Parents

ROBERTS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Peggy Youngblood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:51:34 -0400
March 17, 2008

Dear Parents,

We continue to have difficulty unloading all cars in the morning prior to
the bell.  As a result, many parents are choosing to drop their children
off in various areas of the parking lot and allowing the children to run
across the road as other cars are pulling out.  Others are dropping their
children off even when the gates are closed and the supervising adults are
no longer at the car pick-up area.  These children are then left to find
their way in to the front office with no one to sign them in.  These
situations are causing a severe safety hazard and we ask that if the side
gates to the building are closed and no adults available for supervision at
car drop-off, that parents park and walk their children in to the front
office where they will be signed in and receive a pass to class.

We understand there are situations causing traffic to back up.  One of the
problems is being caused by the bus that cannot make a right turn out of
the school and ends up blocking Centerville Road as cars are trying to turn
left in to the school.  Transportation has been contacted and we are
looking in to a solution which would alleviate this problem.  Another
problem is that many parents are arriving within a ten minute time frame,
7:30-7:40, causing an overload of traffic at one time.  If at all possible,
leaving five minutes earlier may help the situation.

I will address the morning traffic situation with our School Advisory
Council at our meeting this week on Thursday and will be requesting a
parent committee be created to work with me on finding solutions.  If you
are interested in being on the committee, please call the school and leave
your name, number, and email address with the secretary.

Our goal is to have all students in class on time and to avoid stressful
situations for students, parents, and staff as they begin their day.  Thank
you for working with us as we try to find a solution to this on-going
problem.

Sincerely,
Peggy Youngblood