ROBERTS-PARENTS Archives

Roberts Parents

ROBERTS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Teresa Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2006 14:13:18 -0400
MRS. YOUNGBLOOD’S MESSAGE
This has been a wonderful and productive year!  The teachers and students
have worked hard and their efforts are evident in the test scores we have
received.  I am so proud of the progress our students have made!  I want to
express a heartfelt thank you to all our parents for helping to make this a
successful year for the children.  Please encourage your children to READ,
READ, READ over the summer months.

We will be anxious for the children to return in August!!  We wish our
fifth grade students success and happiness in the years to come and will
miss them next year.  I hope you all have a restful and fun summer vacation.

SUMMER OFFICE HOURS
The school office hours for the summer will be Monday through Thursday from
7:00 AM to 5:30 PM.  These hours will begin on Tuesday, May 30, and end on
Thursday, July 27.

2006-2007 SCHOOL YEAR
School times for 2006-2007 will remain the same, 7:50 AM – 2:10 PM.
Parents will receive a letter from the school in July with more information
about school supplies, orientation, etc.  We are looking forward to another
wonderful year with our students!

1ST AND 2ND GRADE TEST SCORES
SAT10 scores for first and second grade students have not arrived.
Therefore, promotion and retention decisions are on hold until the test
results arrive.  We will mail report cards and test results to the parents
of first and second grade students as soon as they arrive, which we
anticipate will be sometime next week.  Parents may pick these up from
school if they prefer.  Our district has let the assessment vendor know we
are not pleased with the delay in receiving the test results.  We apologize
for this inconvenience.

KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
We are now in the process of registering kindergarten students for the 2006-
2007 school year.  Registration packets may be picked up in the office.  In
order to fully register students, the following items must be provided:
• A copy of the original certified birth certificate
• A current student health exam documented on a gold form from your
physician.  The health exam must be dated after August 2005
• Permanent immunization record recorded on the blue form from your
physician
• Two proofs of residency (i.e., current utility bill, lease
agreement, property tax statement, etc.)
We encourage parents to begin registration before the end of May.  Please
feel free to contact the office at 488-0923 if you have any questions.

CHANGE OF ADDRESS
If you have moved this year or are planning to move during the summer,
please call our office with your new address.  This information will help
us with class placement for the 2006-2007 school year.

PTO NEWS
We welcome our PTO officers for the next school year:

 President:  Karen Hoy
 Vice President:  Gigi Soto
 Secretary:  Kelly Foisy
 Treasurer:  Alan Moudy

COMMUNICATION
If you would like to receive regular emails regarding Roberts’ school news,
be sure to join our LISTSERV by following these directions:  go to
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us and click on Roberts.  Click on “Join the
List” and put in your email address and name.  Then click “Join” and follow
the directions.

DATES TO REMEMBER

***PLEASE NOTE:  THE DATES FOR KINDERGARTEN PARENT ORIENTATION AND STUDENT
ORIENTATION WERE INCORRECT IN THE NEWSLETTER SENT HOME BY STUDENTS ON MAY
26.  KINDERGARTEN PARENT ORIENTATION WILL BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 9,
AT 6:00 PM.  STUDENT ORIENTATION (K-5) WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 10,
FROM 1:30 - 3:00 PM.  WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY CONFUSION THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED.

August 10 Kindergarten Parent Orientation – 6:00 PM
August 11 Student Orientation (K-5) – 1:30 – 3:00 PM
August 14 Students Return

NUTRITION TIP
The Nutrition Tip for the week of May 22-26 is “Don’t skip the milk.”
Recent research finds that children who included calcium from dairy foods
in their diet had lower body fat than children with lower dairy calcium
intakes.

PHYSICAL ACTIVITY TIP
The Physical Activity Tip for the week of May 22-26 is “Sky’s the limit.”
But not on time spent in front of the TV or computer.  Children who watch
TV for as few as two to five hours per week increase their chances of being
overweight.

A SALUTE FROM ROBERTS

GOOD CITIZENS
CONGRATULATIONS to those students whose names were drawn on May 12 and 19
for showing good citizenship.