RMS-PARENTS Archives

Raa Middle School Parents

RMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Carl Misener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:07:58 -0500
1.  The second semester begins Tuesday January 3, 2006
        Students report to homeroom first for schedules.
        As is traditional at Raa-- the class order for second
        semester will be 6,5,4,3,2,1 HR.

2.  Today marks the end of the first semester.  Teachers will
        calculating grades and turning them in when we return
        from the winter break.  Report cards will go home on
        January 10.

3.  The chorus concert Monday evening and the one today in assembly
        was truly wonderful.  A big thank you to Mrs. Prescott for all
        her hard work and thank you too to the participating students and
        their parents.

4.  A packed house attended the fall sports banquet and we congratulate
        all of our coaches and atheletes on a really outstanding fall sports
        season.

5.. The school will be closed from now until January 2, 2006.

6.  Here are some of the announcements made to students and staff today.

        The PTO will hold a working meeting SOON (they have not decided on the
date) in the Media Center. All parents, teachers and staff are invited
to attend and work with us on upcoming events.
Brain Bowl dates are: Jan. 4th & 6th-practice test (attend one); 1-9
for practice team announced; team practice on every Wed in January;
final team members announced at the end of January; team practice every
Wed. in February and the competition with other schools @ TCC is on
March 10th.
There will be a Chess Tournament @ Chiles High School on January 28th.
Any questions, please contact Carol Starke @ 894-5336 or email @
FCA will now meet from 4:30-5:30 every Thursday in the shop starting on
11/10. See Mr. Cramer for more info.

> Journalism club Tues and Friday mornings in Mrs. Perego's room.

BLACK HISTORY BRAIN BOWL is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
Mornings @ 8:50. Monday - Thursday afternoons in Mrs. Lee's room 32.

7.  The entire administration, faculty and staff wish all of you a very
pleasant holiday season.  Please take the time to enjoy your family
and recharge for the year ahead.

Carl Misener
Assistant Principal
Augusta Raa Middle School