RMS-PARENTS Archives

Raa Middle School Parents

RMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Carl Misener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:12:33 -0400
The following are  the general announcements made at Raa today.
They reflect the content of announcements this week.

FCA Middle School Retreat-Saturday 10/22 in Blountstown. See Mr.
Cramer to sign up.
> The healthy tip for this week is: Did you watch the Olympics? You
> may not be a professional athlete (yet), but you can eat like an "all
> star". Athletes know that they need to make eating choices that help
> them perform at their best. To help you get the most out of your
> body, eat a wide variety of foods including lean meats and low-fat
> dairy products and exercise every day. Listen for the contest
> question later this week.....
>
> If you are planning to take the piano class, you must have a signed
> contract and the September tuition turned in to Mrs. Prescott. You
> are not part of the class until this is done. Beginning classes are
> FULL.
>
> The before school music program that is sponsored by RAA and FSU has
> begun. There is still room in the classes which include World Music
> Choir, Jazz Band, Steel Drums beginning and advanced. Make sure
> letters are signed and returned to the front office to save your
> place.
>
> "Student Council will be having their last bake sale Friday
> ....September 23rd from 8:20 A.M. - 9:20A.M on the outdoor volleyball
> court. The bake sale will benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
> Student Council wants to thank you for your support so far."
> Also....Friday is HAT DAY! Wear your hat for a $1.
>
> The yearbook cost is $35 and $5 for the namestamp. You can see Mrs.
> Hall Lewis to purchase.
>
> RBC is selling the RAA RAM t-shirt to have $ for our contests. They
> are $12 for the white ones and $13 for the light blue ones. Come by
> and check them out.
>
> School Pictures will be taken tomorrow, this Thursday, September 22,
> 2005. Students must have money in hand when they take their
> pictures. If a student does not want to purchase pictures, they still
> need to take the picture for the yearbook and to receive an ID card.
>
> FCA is this Thursday from 7-8 in the shop room. See Mr. Cramer for
> more info.
>
> The next Volleyball game is tonight, Wednesday evening @ Ft. Braden @
> 6pm. Come support our Raa Rams.
Today is Martha Coppins last day. We will miss her!

In addition-- Report cards for the first 9 week grading period will go home
with students October 24.  This card will reflect grades earned between
August 15 and October 13, 2005.

For your information  RBC=Raa Broadcasting Company - our in house
student run news program.
FCA= Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

The next Raa Parent Teacher Organization meeting is October 4 at 6:30 in
the media center.
The next Raa School Advisory Council meeting is October 10 at 5:30 in the
media center.

Be sure to know your child's student # and password for up to date checking
of grades
via the Oasis online grading system.  Just go to the Raa homepage and click
on "online grades".
Need to know dates, times and locations for athletic events? Just click on
the "athletics" icon.
Need to e-mail a teacher?  Again just go to the homepage and click on
"staff E-mail"

When talking with other parents, please tell them about the listserv.
Currently only 140 accounts
are active.

Carl Misener
Assistant Principal