RMS-PARENTS Archives

Raa Middle School Parents

RMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Carl Misener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:19:07 -0400
Attention 8th graders. The first meeting of Speech/Debate/and Drama
will be NEXT Tuesday, September 12th in Ms. Hokanson's room (room1)
from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. If you can not come that day, please stop by and
tell Ms. Hokanson. If you are in a sport that is meeting after school
on Tuesdays, you may join us after the season, But, you must talk to
Ms. Hokanson to reserve a spot.
Beginning and Advanced levels of piano starting soon. Space is
limited. First come first served. Must have a piano or keyboard at
home for practice. See Mrs. Prescott in room 29 for details. Classes
begin the week of September 12th.
"Student Council will be having a bake sale on September 14, 16, 21,
and 23 from 8:20 A.M. - 9:20A.M on the outdoor volleyball court. The
bake sale will benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Please
support us."

> There will be NO FCA Thursday due to the OPEN HOUSE.
>
> Spelling Bee meeting will be September 7th @ 8:50 in Mrs. Perego's
> room....this is the 1st Tuesday after Labor Day.
The yearbook will go on sale at Open House Thursday night. The cost is
$35 and $5 for the namestamp. You can see Mrs. Hall Lewis to purchase
or visit the tables that will be set up in front of her classroom on
Thursday night. The letter will go home in homeroom tomorrow
afternoon.
Black Brain Bowl Friday 8:50 Room 32.
The Boy's Choir Of Tallahassee will be hosting a concert Thursday,
September 8, 2005 @ Trinity United Methodist Church for the victims of
hurricane Katrina

OPEN HOUSE  9/8
7:00 - 7:10 A PERIOD(with collection of $$ for Katrina)
7:14 - 7:22 B PERIOD
7:26 - 7:34 C PERIOD
7:38 - 7:46 D PERIOD
7:50 - 7:58 E PERIOD
8:02 - 8:10 F PERIOD
8:14 - 8:25 HOMEROOM (including dismissal via child's normal route)
 $$
WILL BE COLLECTED IN A PERIOD FOR KATRINA RELIEF.

FRIDAY 9/9  IS KATRINA HAT DAY AT RAA

Stickers will be sold in A period classes permitting the student to wear
a hat at school that day.  Cost of the sticker == $1.00

Every little bit helps-- in addition to the above mentioned fundraisers
we will be having direct money collections for Katrina relief.  This is a
disaster of major proportions and we are attempting in many small
ways to involve our students and to raise a significant amount of money
for this need. Please encourage your child to participate to whatever
extent they can and help them to understand that they do not have to
do each and every fundraiser but that we are simply offering a wide
variety of ways to participate.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you and your child at Raa.

Carl Misener
Assistant Principal
Augusta Raa Middle School
(850) 488-6287  FAX (850) 922-5835