RMS-PARENTS Archives

Raa Middle School Parents

RMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Carl Misener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:04:12 -0400
1.  Pictures were sent home Wednesday and Thursday.
        Retakes are Wednesday 10/26 -- student must have
        the first pictures to show why a retak is needed.
        the 26th is also the day for anyone absent on the
        first picture day to get the school photo taken.

2.  Report cards will be distrlbuted on Monday 10/24.

3,  Please be aware of the following policies:
        Morning drop off of students is on the Martin Luther King drive.
        Please do not use the office parking lot for this before school--
        it simply is too crowded.
        Dress code is in effect as soon as the student is on campus
        be that 8:00 A.M. 9:00 A.M.  or whenever.
        Remember that once on campus students may not leave unless
        signed out by a parent.  If you want your child to get breakfast
        at the Burger King-- please drop them there and let them walk
        to school afterwards. We will not permit them to leave campus
        to go to Burger King or anywhere else.
        NO HALLOWEEN COSTUMES, MASKS,BODY DECORATIONS ETC. WILL BE PERMITTED.

4.  Congratulations to the girls and boys cross country teams -- they both
took first place in the school district meet.  Thank you to coach Gary Kenney
for all of his hard work in developing these athletes.

5.  Congratulations to the volleyball team for making it to the championship
 where they lost a hard fought match to Deerlake.  Thank you coach Marcia Nita
for the excellent job done this year with our volleyball team.

6.  The Raa football team will be in a playoff game to determine
eligibility to
play in the district championship  Tuesday evening at Cox stadium.
Immediately
following the "Kansas style playoff" between Raa , Deerlake, and Swift Creeek
the two successful teams will play a game for the district championship.

The following is taken from the daily announcements made to
all students and faculty at Raa via the in school television system.

Black History Brain Bowl team will meet Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and
Friday mornings at 8:45 and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
afternoons until 5:00 in Mrs. Lee's room.
HR reps need food, drink, and paper good donations delivered to Tellers
room ASAP.
Students can pre-pay and have their tickets issued Fri. for the dance
that is this Friday, October 21st. Please let your rep tell them to
make sure kids are bringing their $$.
This week's Wellness tip is.... Drink plenty of water. Sprinkle in
lemon or lime juice to provide a new twist.
The Wellness activity is.... There are 1440 minutes in every day....
schedule 30 of them for physical activity. You can exercise while
watching TV: lift weights or walk in place.
Wellness Contest Question for this week is: The Geico lizard came this
morning to help promote wellness @ RAA. What should you do while
watching t.v. to promote your health? Send your students to the RBC
Studio to enter the contest....they could be a winner....
Sports NEWS: Tonight RAA football plays Deerlake @ 6:30 @ Chiles.
Wednesday beginning steel drums is FULL. Jazz Band needs trumpets,
trombones, and tenor saxophones and there is still room in the World
Music Choir.
FCA Middle School Retreat is this Saturday 10/22 in Blountstown. See
Mr. Cramer to sign up.

> Piano class, see Mrs. Prescott. Beginning classes are FULL.
>
> The yearbook cost is $35 and $5 for the namestamp. You can see Mrs.
> Hall Lewis to purchase.
>
> RBC is selling the RAA RAM t-shirt They are $12 for the white ones
> and $13 for the light blue ones. Come by and check them out.
Retake pictures are Wednesday, October 26th. Purchasing information
will be in your box Thursday to distribute on Friday. On Monday,
reminder slips will be in your box to send home on Tuesday in homeroom.
Sixth grade will take their pictures A period. Seventh grade B period
and eighth grade C period. We will use the stage in the gym.
Send students to Mrs. Lewis in the gym for any problems. Please make
sure to send them down at the appropriate period. There will be an all
call for any missed persons.

Carl Misener
Assistant Principal
Augusta Raa Middle School