RMS-PARENTS Archives

Raa Middle School Parents

RMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Carl Misener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:21:01 -0400
REMINDERS:
The nine weeks ends Thursday 10/13.
Friday 10/14 is a planning day--no school.
Report cards will be distributed 10/24.

Next Journalism is Wednesday, October 12th @ 8:30 in Mrs. Perego's
room. The rest of the year the meetings are Monday, Tuesday and Friday
@8:30 in Mrs. Perego's room.
HR reps will meet in Ms. Tellers' room Wed at 8:50 a.m.
Black History brain Bowl is NOT Wednesday @ 8:45. It has been changed
to Thursday afternoon in Mrs. Lee's room.
This week's Wellness tip is....5 a day! Eating a serving of fruit with
lunch can help you reach the goal of five servings of fruits and
vegetables a day. Try a fresh apple, peach, plum or your favorite
fruit cup for lunch or an after-school snack today!
The Wellness activity is....walking pounds away. If you walk 5 hours
more a week at a moderate speed and make no other changes, you should
lose a half pound a week, and get healthier to boot. Add 5 minutes to
your regular workout each week for a month, and you will burn more
calories easily.
Sports NEWS: Tonight...Our Raa football team plays Swift Creek @ 5:30 @
Cox stadium. Come out and support our Raa Rams. The Lady Rams won the
first 3 games of the 5 game match against Nims last night. Game scores
were 25-19, 25-9, and 25-10. The Lady Rams record for the regular
season is 7-1. Congratulations Lady Rams for all of your hard work and
thank you Coach Nita. The next Volleyball is tomorrow @ Raa @ 6pm.
Wednesday beginning steel drums is FULL. Jazz Band needs trumpets,
trombones, and tenor saxophones and there is still room in the World
Music Choir.
FCA Middle School Retreat-Saturday 10/22 in Blountstown. See Mr.
Cramer to sign up.

> Piano class, see Mrs. Prescott. Beginning classes are FULL.
>
> The yearbook cost is $35 and $5 for the namestamp. You can see Mrs.
> Hall Lewis to purchase.
>
> RBC is selling the RAA RAM t-shirt They are $12 for the white ones
> and $13 for the light blue ones. Come by and check them out.
There is NO FCA this Thursday.

Carl Misener
Assistant Principal
Augusta Raa Middle School