PINEVIEW-PARENTS Archives

Pineview Parents

PINEVIEW-PARENTS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Rahming, Marilyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2013 11:10:41 -0400
Dear Parents/Guardians:

We are excited to announce that our school has the opportunity to participate in 95210 The Whole Picture of Health again this year. This community-wide program emphasizes healthy lifestyle choices for children, youth, and families in Leon County. Our students have talked about the importance of 95210 in their P.E. classes and will participate in activities in P.E. as well as in the classroom throughout the year. The 95210 project will help to promote healthy lifestyle habits for young children in a school setting as well as to educate parents on the importance of ensuring that their child is, daily:

9 – Getting at least nine hours of sleep
5 – Eating five servings of fruits and vegetables
2 – Limiting recreational screen time to 2 hours or less
1 – Getting at least 1 hour of physical activity
0 – Eliminating sugary drinks/ Zero tobacco exposure

Eating healthy and being physically active can be a challenge in today's busy world. 95210 The Whole Picture of Health is here to help schools encourage a healthier lifestyle, starting with our children.

As a part of our project, it would be very helpful if you took a few moments to fill out the following survey. To ensure that the data is meaningful we will be coding the surveys by the last 4 digits of your child’s ID number. To obtain this 4-digit number, just send me a quick email ([log in to unmask] ) requesting it, and I will reply as soon as possible. The reason behind using the 4-digit code is to be able to match up the results of the pre-and post survey results. The data gathered will be used to measure the effectiveness of the 95210 initiative. Below is the link to the pre-test survey. Remember to request your 4-digit code from me, beforehand. Otherwise, you will be unable to submit the survey.

The top box of the survey, where it says “PARENT LOGIN:” is where you will type your 4-digit code.

 95210 Leon County School Parent Pre-Test Survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G9K3R82

Thank you for your time and dedication to a healthier lifestyle for you and your family.

Dr. Marilyn Jackson-Rahming
Proud Principal
Pineview Elementary School
2230 Lake Bradford Road