OES-PARENTS Archives

Oak Ridge Parents

OES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Sandra Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:32:32 -0500
Oak Ridge Elementary School www.oakridge.leon.k12.fl.us
The Eagle’s Eye
December 7, 2005   Volume  8                      Number 6

School Hours:    Office Hours  7:30 - 3:30  Student Hours  7:40-2:00
Administrative Staff:
Hodgetta A. Huckaby, Principal
Kimberly McFarland, Assistant Principal
4530 Shelfer Road, Tallahassee, Florida 32310
Telephone: (850) 488-3124  FAX: (850) 922-7145
Web Page: http://www.oakridge.leon.k12.fl.us
Listserv: http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/archives/oes-parents.html
Mascot: Eagle - Colors:  Royal Blue and White

December Positive Action Word of the Month:
Curious

Season’s Greetings
Wishing you
• the power of hope
• the beauty of love
• the promise of peace
during the Holiday Season
 Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

December and January Happenings
•  December 14, 15, 16:  Early Release Days
   Students dismissed at  11:30 AM
     (No W.I.N.G.S.)
•  December 16:  End of 2nd Nine          Weeks and 1st Semester
•  December 19- 30:  Winter Holidays
•  January 2:  Teacher Planning Day
•  January 3:  Students Return
•  January 3:  W.I.N.G.S. Opens
•  January 9:  SAC (School Advisory     Council ) Meeting 6:00 PM

Please Remember
January 2nd: Teacher Planning Day
NO SCHOOL  for Students
January 3rd:
Students Return and  W.I.N.G.S. Resumes

8th Annual ESE Family Conference
 “ESE Family Information Round-Up”
Saturday, February 4, 2006   8:30-3:30 PM.
Belle Vue Middle School - Tallahassee, Florida
Highlights :
• 20 different workshop topics presented including:
Behavior, I.E.P.s,  Transition, Math Strategies,  Reading Strategies,
Autism, FCAT Accommodations,
Assistive Technology, and more.
• Over 25 exhibitors  • Lunch available   • Door Prizes
• Featured Speaker: Mr. Christian Moore “Giving Our Children the
Power to Succeed” .
  Mr. Moore is a nationally recognized child advocate and author.  As a
young child he was diagnosed with ADHD, conduct disorder, and
severe learning disabilities. Christian will walk the audience through
the social and emotional assets that allowed him to succeed in life.
 This is a free conference for families of children receiving special
education services. Sponsored by Leon County School, Exceptional
Student Education, FDLRS/Miccosukee Associate Center (serving
Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon, Taylor and Wakulla Counties).  Educators
can earn 7 hours inservice credit
Directions:  Belle Vue Middle School is located at 2214 Belle Vue Way.
Traveling on West Pensacola Street, turn left on Ausley Road (across
from McDonalds).  Take your first right on Belle Vue Way.  The school
will be on your right.

Please pre-register so that we can prepare sufficient materials for all
participants!
To register:  Call 850-487-2630         Fax:  850-921-4097 Mail:
FDLRS/Miccosukee, 3955 W. Pensacola St., Tallahassee, FL 32304
           E-mail:[log in to unmask]
Name_________________________________________________
_______________________
Phone_____________________County___________________Emai
l____________________
Please let us know if you require special accommodations!

 Writing Boot Camp
     Our Oak Ridge fourth graders attended Florida Writes Boot Camp
the week of December 5th.  We are putting together a book of songs,
tips, and strategies to help us succeed in our writing skills and score
high on FCAT writing.  It has been an enjoyable, hands-on project for
all our children.  ESE and 4th grade teachers worked hard to get all of
the supplies prepared for this project and assist the students to create
it. A special thank you goes out to Ms Hartman and Miss Lirette for
undertaking this project.
     Please ask your child to share this wonderful experience with you.
A Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all from your fourth
grade teachers

W.I.N.G.S. Showcase and Winter Music Concert
On Thursday, December 8th at 6:00 PM, students participated in the
W.I.N.G.S. 21st Century Extended Day Program Showcase. We were
enchanted and delighted to see what students have learned in the
enrichment areas of Orchestra, Dance, and Keyboarding.  Ms.
Hamill’s fourth and fifth graders sang songs in Spanish.  All
W.I.N.G.S.’ academic areas student work was on display.  Many
thanks to Ms. Wallace, WINGS Site Coordinator and all of the
W.I.N.G.S. teachers.
Mrs. Meade’s music students in kindergarten through fifth grade
performed in the Winter Music Concert. They demonstrated the music
skills they have learned this semester. The program was narrated by
theatre students from the W.I.N.GS. After School Program.
 It was a thrilling evening of entertainment! Students performed
admirably, and many of the Oak Ridge families were here.  A delicious
barbecue dinner was provided for our families, thanks to the efforts of
Mrs. Barnes and the 21st Century Grant.
 It was truly a fabulous way to begin the Holiday Season!