OES-PARENTS Archives

Oak Ridge Parents

OES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Smith, Jasmine" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2020 20:59:59 +0000
Good Afternoon,

As we enter the 2nd Nine Weeks, we are extremely proud of how well our entire school family has adapted to the procedures in place to keep our Oak Ridge students, staff, and teachers safe and healthy.  We wanted to provide you with a few reminders as we return to school after a long weekend and welcome more of our students back on campus from our Digital Academy.

1. Masks are required for everyone on campus that cover both the mouth and nose and are able to be worn securely. Gaiters are not allowed. A clean, fresh mask should be worn each day. Please let us know if you need assistance with additional masks.

2. Please remember to bring your Oak Ridge backpack, ear buds, and any workbooks that you’ve been using in Digital Academy if you’re returning to Oak Ridge for school tomorrow.

3. Please do not bring or send desktop computers with your students tomorrow. Look for information regarding device return tomorrow.

4. If your student is not feeling well, please keep them at home. Help us stop the spread of viruses and COVID-19 by being extra careful. ** If you have multiple children at school, please consider keeping other siblings home also if any of your children have a fever, flu-like symptoms, or a stomach bug.

5. Anyone with a fever greater than 99.9 degrees must remain home for a minimum of 72 hours from the start of the fever regardless of duration and other symptoms.  Students may return when they have been fever-free for 24 hours without medication and any/all other symptoms have resolved.

6. Students may not return to school with any tests pending including strep, flu and COVID-19.  If your student has been tested for any of these, please notify us and keep your student home until you have received negative results, they have been cleared from isolation/quarantine, their symptoms have resolved, and they have been fever-free for 24 hours.

7. If anyone in your home is COVID-19 positive or your student has had a significant exposure to someone with flu-like symptoms or positive for COVID-19, your student must quarantine at home. The length of quarantine/isolation varies, please notify us and we will help you navigate the process.

8. If anyone in your home has been notified of a significant exposure to COVID-19, please keep your student home until that person is tested or advised as to their quarantine requirements. Please notify us at school and we will also be able to help you navigate the process of quarantining, testing and when it is safe to return to school.

9. Please feel free to [log in to unmask]  with any COVID related questions.

We have nearly 100 Eagles returning tomorrow morning. If you are planning to bring your child to school by car, please know that the wait time may be longer than usual. We will still be taking the temperature of each child before they enter the building.

Students may not be dropped off at school before 7:45 or without having a temperature check.

Tomorrow we look forward to seeing our returning BAM students and those DA students who we have acknowledged will be joining us as a BAM student, as this change was made within the designated  LCS window to make a change.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Jasmine Smith

Proud Principal

Oak Ridge Elementary