OES-PARENTS Archives

Oak Ridge Parents

OES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Sandra Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 11:02:33 -0400
Oak Ridge Volunteer Luncheon
 The Volunteer, Mentor and Business Partner Appreciation Luncheon
was held on April 20, 2006!
 We invited over 300 of our volunteers which included:
 Oak Ridge Parents and Family Members
SAC - School  Advisory Council Members
 PTO Officers and Members
Foster Grandparents
Business Partners
Math Buddies Mentors
AmeriCorps Volunteers
HOSTS Mentors
America Reads Mentors
Read for Health Mentor Teams
Community Members
 Our students are so fortunate to have so many caring adults who
share in making commitments to their academic success.
Volunteers help in so many ways from helping at parties and
chaperoning field trips, to assisting teachers, mentoring and tutoring
students, assisting with activities such as the carnival,  and
supporting school programs.
 The volunteers received cups filled with goodies and certificates as a
token of our appreciation.  Mrs. Meade and her talented chorus
regaled the volunteers with their singing.
 THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!

Operation Occupation
 Career week, better known as Operation Occupation was held the
week of April 10th. What an exciting and educational time was had by
all!   Our business partners kicked off the event on Monday with
classroom speakers who told students how they got into their field
and what it was all about.  Tuesday was ‘Vehicle Day’ and students
got to see first hand various vehicles like the Greyhound Bus, Fire
Engine, FAMU police motorcycles, Animal Control Trucks and more.
The rest of the week, the Marines and other community speakers were
here to talk to students.