NIMS-PARENTS Archives

Nims Middle School Parents

NIMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Timothy Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 07:49:51 -0400
Following the guidelines and advice of the Governor and Commissioner of Education, our schools will remain open at this time.
Updates:
•       This morning, LCS Leadership met with the Leon County Health Department to receive updates and guidance. As of now, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Leon County.
•       Superintendent Hanna and his team participated in a conference call with all of the 67 Florida school district superintendents and the Commissioner of Education. As of now there are no Florida districts closing schools district-wide.
•       And finally, the leadership team held a conference call with LCS principals to continue to plan and monitor the ongoing situation.

TRAVEL UPDATES:
Following the guidance of the Center for Disease Control students and staff who travel internationally and on cruises over Spring Break will be required to self-isolate in quarantine for 14 days upon their return. Families, student(s) will be provided makeup work. Staff members must use accrued leave during the quarantine period.

Communications
Parents, please go into your child’s FOCUS account and make sure that your contact information is up to date. If we need to quickly communicate with you we will the FOCUS contact information to do so.

Moving Forward
We will be meeting daily over Spring Break and will update any changes as necessary. Please continue to practice basic hygiene habits such as handwashing and covering coughs.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this times.

Rocky Hanna