NIMS-PARENTS Archives

Nims Middle School Parents

NIMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Pamela B. Hayman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 21:33:51 -0400
Wow, great things are happening as the year winds down and you are invited!

Don't forget that a FREE immunization Clinic is being held tomorrow,
Thursday, May 11th from 9-12.  This is a great time for 6th graders to
begin receiving the shots required for 7th grade and for other students to
get caught up on any missing shots.  The nurses from the Bond Health
Department will be on campus to administer the shots.

Thursday night is also "Concert in the Courtyard", a free event sponsored
by the Parent Involvement Team.  This event is from 6-8 and features food,
music and fun for families.  Come out and participate.

Tomorrow night there will also be a Town Hall meeting at Bethel AME that
concentrates on gang violence and the community.  This event is from 6-8
and I encourage all who wish to attend to please do so.

Prom is Saturday at the Ramada, do you have your party wear?  This event
is one of the culminating events for our 8th graders. Special thank yous
to the Student Council and Mrs. Bush for the extensive planning that went
into making this an special event for the 8th graders.

 8th grade banquet is Monday night, May 14th from 6-8 and this is the
culminating event for the 8th grade students. Special thank yous to Mrs.
Stachell, Mrs. Bush, Coach Glenn, Mrs. C. Jackson and Mrs. Lindsey for all
the planning that went into this event.  Dinner will be served and awards
will be given. Come out and support the kids. Call the school for details
or check the flyers that have been sent home.

All students that were not successful on any Writes Upon Request were
given the opportunity to do an Alternative Assessment this week.  Thank
you to Mr. Byrd, APC for coordinating this and the teachers who helped him
test and proctor the kids.  We have the utmost confidence in the kids and
know that they did well.

Thursday, May 17th thete will be a meeting for all intrested persons to
meet and review the School Improvement Plan for the 2006-2007 school year,
make plans for the 2007-2008 school year and Nims way of work and to
reevaluate our mission and purpose.  Come out and share your concerns,
your suggestions and open the door to home-school communication.  The
meeting will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m.

As always, make this week a Positive and a Highly Productive time in your
life!

Mrs. H.