NIMS-PARENTS Archives

Nims Middle School Parents

NIMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Timothy Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2020 15:48:54 -0500
Parents:

Information about the nation’s response to the Covid-19 Pandemic can sometimes feel overwhelming. Protocols change as medical experts continue to study the virus. Their findings help identify best practices and strategies that can keep people as safe as possible during this time.

Many of you have been contacting the Leon County Department of Health with questions about our quarantine process. This week, the CDC provided an alternative quarantine schedule for individuals exposed to a confirmed positive case of Covid-19. We wanted to send this message to clarify that we will be keeping our current protocol in place for the remainder of 2020.

Our Covid Response Team, including representatives from both major hospitals,, met this week to discuss the new CDC quarantine suggestions. They agreed that the current system (14 days) remain in place for the rest of 2020. The team will meet again in early January to discuss the protocol again. If there are any changes made we will inform you as soon as possible.

LCS has been committed to using CDC advice to help guide our Safe Start plan. There are no plans to alter our mask policy and we will continue to work to keep as much distance as possible between everyone on our campuses.