NIMS-PARENTS Archives

Nims Middle School Parents

NIMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Pamela B. Hayman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:23:32 -0500
Attention Parents of Sixth Grade Students!
It is not too early for your child to receive the tetanus-diphtheria (Td)
booster needed for
7th grade entry.  Please contact your child’s doctor or call the Leon
County Health Department at 487-3155 to schedule an immunization
appointment.  This childhood immunization is free at the health department.
Once your child has received this immunization, please bring the necessary
documentation - on a Florida Certificate of Immunization (DH 680 form) – to
Mrs. Roberson in the main office at Nims Middle School.  Thank you!

LEON COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
SCHEDULES SPECIAL IMMUNIZATION CLINICS
TARGETING SIXTH GRADE STUDENTS

Florida students presently attending sixth grade must have documentation of
a tetanus-diphtheria (Td) booster prior to entering seventh grade.  The two
other vaccination requirements for seventh grade entry – the hepatitis B
vaccine series and a second measles vaccine – are also required for sixth
grade attendance and should already be completed by sixth grade
students.

The Leon County Health Department will be providing two special
immunization clinics targeting sixth grade students needing immunizations
for seventh grade attendance.  These clinics will provide free
immunizations for students needing immunizations for school attendance.
Infants and young children needing immunizations may also be immunized at
these two special clinics.  No appointment is needed for children to be
immunized during these free special immunization clinics.

Monday, February 20, 2006   10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.  Northeast Branch
Library

Monday, February 20, 2006     2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.    Dr. B.L. Perry
Branch Library

All children receiving immunizations through the Health Department must be
accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.   Parents should bring a copy of
their child’s complete immunization record whenever they take their child
to the Health Department for immunizations.

For further information, please call the Leon County Health Department at
488-2223.

Progress Reports coming home tomorrow, 2/9/06.  Questions call the guidance
office to schedule an appointment to meet with your child's teachers.

Weather is cooling DOWN!  Make sure that your child is dressed
appropriately for the weather.

"On the Path to Greatness", this is our theme for Black History Month.
Join us on Wednesday, Feb. 13th for our 2nd annual art show featuring
outstanding black artists.  February 17th is our student lead celebration,
featuring our band, chorus, speakers, plays, etc. February 24th will
includes acts by Black on Black Rhyme, Mayor John Marks, members of the
FAMU Marching 100, student body presidents from FAMU and TCC, and many
more.  Look for a flyer in the near future!

As always, if I can be of service to you in the future, please do not
hesitate to contact me.

Mrs. Pamela Brice Hayman
Proud Principal
R. Frank Nims Middle School