NIMS-PARENTS Archives

Nims Middle School Parents

NIMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Pamela B. Hayman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:37:28 -0400
Dear Trojans,

 Yes, FCAT Writing scores are in as you have heard on the news and
yes, the news is good.  The number of 8th grade students scoring 3.5 or
better increased and we are quite happy about that.  We are already making
plans for next year that will assist us in making obtaining an even better
score.  Congratulations to our 8th grade students and to our 8th grade
teachers.

 All students took the last district Writes upon Request this week.
If your child missed the test an alternative test will be given.  Any
student that has not made promotion requirements as it pertains to writing
will have additional opportunities to take alternative assessments before
the end of the school year.

 All parents should have received letters about parent access to
their child’s FCAT scores.  If you did not, please contact Mrs. Keltner,
APC.

 Progress reports for the last nine weeks go home next Tuesday.  If
you do not see a report, call the school and we will send you one.  It is
not too late to make a conference with your child’s teachers to discuss
their progress.  Call the guidance office and make an appointment.

 Information has been distributed to all 6th and 7th graders about
the 21st Century Summer Enrichment Program.  If you are interested in the
program, contact Mr. Moise at 488-5960 for an application, hurry as spaces
are limited.  Present 8th graders will receive information from their
respective high schools as to any summer opportunities being offered.

 Weather is getting warm and the days are long, take the opportunity
to get out and do something fun and physical with your children.  It is a
great way to relax, opens up the opportunity to talk to your kids and to
just have fun and to laugh.  Everyone needs to laugh at least once a day!

 As always, if I can be of service to you in the future do not
hesitate to contact me.

Yours truly,

Pamela Brice Hayman