NIMS-PARENTS Archives

Nims Middle School Parents

NIMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Timothy Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2022 14:19:57 -0500
You are invited to learn more about SAIL through Shadow Days and our Schoolwide Showcase!

About SAIL High School
SAIL was founded in the belief that all students can learn and succeed when provided a learning environment that meets their needs and interests. SAIL emphasizes individualization, democratic decision making, and application of academics and creative electives in a humanistic atmosphere.
Students must meet the same credit and grading requirements as other Leon County High School students. However, the approach is an ever evolving dynamic one that capitalizes on the talents and interests of a diverse staff and student body. SAIL is truly a place full of caring individuals that want the best for your child and family!

Academics and Electives
SAIL offers a wide variety of high quality academic opportunities to meet graduation requirements including honors courses, externships and dual enrollment with Lively, TCC, FSU and FAMU. Test scores on the FSA are among the best in the district.

The elective program has a special concentration in the creative arts including: Juggling, Yoga, Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Fiber Arts, AP Art, Digital Photography, Drama, Guitar, Video Production, Web Design, Flash Animation, Creative Writing and Journalism. SAIL also offers an intensive Spanish program, a PE program that ranges from weightlifting to Yoga, and a DCT program for students who work after school to earn extra credits. Students can also earn industry certifications on campus with Lively through our Certified Nursing Assistant Program in our CNA lab, or through our Agriculture program and take classes that allow them to garden and work in our greenhouse!  SAIL is committed to student success, so students can also catch up on credits in our performance-based computer lab when needed.

SAIL’s alternating block schedule allows students to take 6 classes, while concentrating on just 3 classes per day. This provides more time for discussion, project-based learning and teacher-student interaction.

Current Offerings
•       Visual, Performing & Communication Arts
•       STEAM Across the Curriculum
•       College Prep & Career Pathways
•       Non-Traditional Learning Opportunities
•       Unique Electives (Juggling, Yoga, Fiber Arts, Leadership, Robotics, among many others)
•       Smaller School, Block Schedule, Inclusive Environment
•       Caring and Supportive Teachers, Administration and Staff – A true school family
•       Dual Enrollment Opportunities both on and off campus
•       Lively Certified Nursing Assistant Program on campus (2-year program)
•       Agriculture program with on-site organic garden, greenhouse and aquaponics
Apply to SAIL directly:  https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.leonschools.net%2fEnrollAtSAIL&c=E,1,85DUQURFG-YOZhUqnlKNfJScL_-vv-iguABAnPXr68ZfRpIkyze-0VZoayqIfh0XnP1YtfZrNA0W0CO2gdCGRhBG60dIPh_bx8opjpbXt3g,&typo=1