NIMS-PARENTS Archives

Nims Middle School Parents

NIMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Pamela B. Hayman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:26:29 -0500
Dear Trojans,

What a great week this has been!  The Nims Middle School Trojans
participated this week in many wonderful Black History celebrations.
Everyday this week has been devoted to expressing gratitude to those who
forged the road for African Americans, as students dressed as their
favorite African American sports figure and persons in history.
Today we marked the week’s culmination activity at an assembly that
featured our band, chorus and poets from “Black on Black Rhyme”.
Thursday, February 23rd we will culminate the month with an assembly
featuring outstanding young up and coming black
men and women from our local colleges.  Come out and join us at 1:30 on
next Thursday.
Also, on that Thursday morning, many of our young men will have the
pleasure of meeting with Mayor John Marks to discuss issues affecting young
black men of today.  We are so honored that the Mayor has agreed to join us
for the day.

FCAT is fast approaching!  FCAT will begin February 27th and it is very
important that all students be in attendance.  We will offer final FCAT
prep in our after school program next week.

No school, this Monday for students and teachers as we celebrate
President’s Day.  Mark your calendars.

The Soccer Team and Boys’ Basketball Team will represent Nims in District
playoffs next week.  Check the calendar for dates and times and come out
and support our kids.

We are incorporating a new site, www.schoolnotes.com that parents may
access to gain curriculum information.  Stay tuned for further information
in the coming week about this wonderful site.

As always, if I can be of service to you in the future, please do not
hesitate to contact me.

Your Proud Principal,
Mrs. Pamela Brice Hayman