NIMS-PARENTS Archives

Nims Middle School Parents

NIMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Pamela B. Hayman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 14:20:03 -0500
Welcome to another great week at R. Frank Nims Middle School!

1. This week, Trojans will be on Black Rotation- A, B, C, D, E,F periods.

2. SITE Meeting, January 17, 2006 at 3:30 p.m.

3. School Advisory Council Meeting, january 17, 2006 at 6:00 p.m.

4. Girl's Soccer Season opens on Wednesday, January 18, 2005 against Belle
Vue Bulldogs at 5:30 p.m. at Messer Park.

5. Boy's Basketball Season begins on January 19, 2006 against Raa Rams at
6:00 p.m. at Nims.

6. 6th Grade Outstanding Student Activity

7. Week of January 16th - 20th, Brotherhood Week.  Do something nice for
someone!

8. Principal Conference Corner begins the week of January 16th.

9.January 24th from 4:00-5:30 p.m., "Paraprofessionals Standing for
Quality", program honoring our highly qualified paras, Howell Center.

Is your child reading atleast an hour a night?  Are you taking the
opportunity to discuss the days events with your child?  I encourage you to
do both with your child.

Think before you eaat!  Use hunger as your guide for eating.  Think about
why you are eating.  Sometimes we eat for other reasons besides hunger,
like being bored, nervous or tired.

Plan Your Walking Route:  Plot your route in the car first.  You will be
able to plan ahead, measure the distance, track your speed and measure your
progress.  Optimum Target: 3 miles, 3 times a weak.  Come on you can do it!

On Monday, the world celebrates the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and
what he and many others gave their lives for.  Let us all work together
each and every day to make his dream of "one world" a reality.

"There is nothing more dangerous than to build a society, with a large
segment of people in that society, who feel that they have no stake in it;
who feel that they have nothing to lose. People who have a stake in their
society, protect that society, but when they don't have it, they
unconsciously want to destroy it."  Martin Luther King, Jr.