LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:09:15 -0400
This message is only for students in Women's Chorale (4th period) and
Continental Singers (5th period)

I am very proud to announce that the Lincoln High School Chorus has been
invited to sing again this year at EPCOT for the 2013 Candlelight
Processional and Massed Choir.  We will be singing Friday, Dec. 6 at 5:00pm
with the Walt Disney World Orchestra and guest narrator Whoopi Goldberg at
the American Gardens Pavillion.  It is an honor to be selected as a
performing choir and I know that our students will be wonderful.

This is not a mandatory trip and I am only able to take 49 students to
perform.  We will leave at 7:30am Friday morning and will not return until
11:00pm Saturday evening.  At a later date I will send a complete itinerary.

The cost of the trip will be $120 per student, which includes charter bus
transportation, two meals, a Candlelight t-shirt, one night at the Embassy
Suites Lake Buena Vista and admission to Animal Kingdom on Saturday.  Next
week I will start accepting money from students that would like to sing in
this performance and are willing to put in the extra time it takes to learn
all the music.  Four year chorus students can sign-up on Monday, third year
on Tuesday, second year on Wednesday and first year on Thursday.  I will
also need at least five chaperones that are willing to come on the trip but
they need to understand that they will be "on duty" chaperones and may be
unable to watch the actual performance.  Please e-mail me if you are
interested in coming as a chaperone.

this is an important trip and requires hours of additional rehearsal, both
at school and on your own.  Please make sure before signing up that you
have the time to spend learning the 13 songs that need to be memorized for
this concert.  As always, please let me know if you have any questions.

Peace,

Mr. Leaman