LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:31:47 -0500
Congratulations to all of our wonderful Lincoln chorus students for the
great performances over the past semester.  I am very proud of all of them
and look forward to continued growth over the next semester.

As the semester winds down and we start looking forward to the spring I
want to remind you of some important dates that I sent out at the beginning
of the school year.  You can always look them up by going to our website,
www.lincolnchorus.com , and clicking the events button at the top of the
page.

Jan. 7 - Encore sings with the Festival Singers of Florida at FSU (8pm)
Jan. 31 - Men's Day at Chiles HS
Feb. 23-24 - FVA District MPA - All Choirs (We don't know which day or when
we will perform yet)
March 10 - FVA Solo and Ensemble at Raa MS
April 26-28 - Spring Musical (9 to 5)
May 1 - Chorus Spring Concert
May 4-5 - New Orleans Heritage and Jazz Festival
May 22 - Pops Concert

Please make sure that these dates make it to your calendar!

Last spring we were told that we would probably not be able to take our
spring trip to New Orleans for Jazz Fest.  Mr. Burch has told me that we
have the green light to put it together so I am in the process of planning
it now.  We won't start taking money for a few months but I did want to
give you a heads up so you can start planning and saving.  The cost of the
trip will include our charter bus, tickets to Jazz Fest, hotel, breakfast,
a tour guide that will take us through the French Quarter and either a
private concert at Preservation Hall or a cruise on the Steamboat Natchez
down the Mississippi River.  I am still finalizing costs but it looks like
we will be able to keep it around the same price we have had the past two
years, $250.  This has been an amzing trip and given our students an
opportunity to hear some of the finest musicians in the world, eat amazing
food and visit a city that has a rich and interesting history.  You can
look at the listserv archives from last year to get an idea of our
itinerary for the trip (you can find the listserv archives at
www.lincolnchorus.com ).

I hope that you all have a wonderful and relaxing holiday.  Thank you for a
semester of fantastic singing.

Peace,

Mr. Leaman