LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2012 08:36:11 -0400
We are so fortunate to live in Tallahassee and have a thriving arts
community.  Several organizations have sent me information about upcoming
performance opportunities for our students and I want to pass that
information along to you.  None of these performances are required, they
are chances to see live concerts in town.

FSU OPERA

The FSU Opera Department will present "Orpheus in the Underworld" by
Jacques Offenbach.  The show runs  this weekend but the final dress
rehearsal is this Wednesday, October 31 at 7:00pm in Ruby Diamond Concert
Hall and is open to students for free.

THEATRE A LA CARTE

Theatre  A La Carte will present the Pulitzer Prize winning musical "Next
to Normal" at the Tallahassee Little Theater.  Student prices for regular
performances are usually $16 but they are having a student night Thursday,
November 8 and will sell tickets for $8.  Tickets will only be available at
the door and the performance will start at 8:00pm.  Please not that "Next
to Normal" contains adult language and subject matter.

TALLAHASSEE COMMUNITY CHORUS

The Tallahassee Community Chorus will peform Beethoven's "Missa Solemnis"
for their fall concert.  The final dress rehearsal will be Saturday,
November 17 at 9:00am at the Ruby Diamond Concert Hall and is open to
students and parents for free.

If you have any questions regarding these concerts please e-mail me.
Again, attendance is NOT required, these are just opportunities for our
students to hear some great live performances.

Peace,

Mr. Leaman