LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2011 08:28:07 -0400
This message is for the parents of ladies in 3rd period Women's Chorale.

Our Advanced Women's Chorale has been asked to be a featured performing
choir at the Florida American Choral Directors Association Fall Concerence
November 4 at Seminole State College in Sanford, FL.  This is a tremendous
honor and we are one of only 3 choirs in the state that have been invited
to perform.  I know that many of you have been waiting patiently for this e-
mail but I have finally worked out transportation issues and can now fill
you in on our plan.

The choir will be leaving from Lincoln HS on Thursday, Nov. 3, at 8:30PM.
We have scheduled a performance at University Auditorium on the campus of
the University of Florida for 12:30 and then we will eat lunch in
Gainesville.  The bus will then take us to our hotel in Lake Mary and we
will relax and then go out to dinner.

Friday morning we will have breakfast at the hotel, get dressed in our
uniforms and then have a warm-up on stage at 12:15.  Our performance for
the conference will be at 2:15 on the campus of Seminole State College.  If
you have friends or family in the Central Florida area that would like to
attend, that would be fine.

Following the performance students will have two options:

1.) If they are taking the SAT on Saturday or want to try and make it back
for part of the homecoming game, we will have one bus that will leave for
Tallahassee at 3pm.  The bus will go directly to Lincoln and should arrive
by 7:30.

2.) Students that want to stay will get on the bus, go back to the hotel
for a bit, go out for dinner and then return to SSC for an evening concert
featuring Cor Bella from Dr. Phillips HS and the Chamber Choir from the
University of South Florida.  Saturday morning we will see one more concert
at 9:30 and then head back to Tallahassee at 10:00 with a planned arrival
by  2:30.  That should get our students back in plenty of time to get ready
for the homecoming dance that evening.

Once all of the details are finalized I will send a detailed itinerary.

The cost of the trip is only $50 per student, which does not come close to
covering our costs.  I have secured some donations and continue to find
ways to cover this trip so that everyone can attend.  If the cost is a
hardship, please contact me ASAP.

I am VERY proud that Lincoln HS has been recognized with this invitation
and I look forward to showing off our wonderful singers.  Feel free to e-
mail me or call my office, 488-8187, if you have any questions.

Peace,

Mr. Leaman