LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2014 21:05:58 -0500
This message is for the students and parents in Women's Chorale (2nd
period) and Continental Singers (5th period).

As I announced several weeks ago, the Lincoln Choral Department is proud to
have been invited again this year to be a featured choir in the Candlelight
Processional and Massed Choir at EPCOT.  Our students will have an
opportunity to sing with the Walt Disney World Orchestra, the Voices of
Liberty and guest narrator Whoopi Goldberg on Friday, Dec. 5 during the
5:00pm show.  Auditions for this show are very competative, so we are
excited for this great event.

This performance is optional, not mandatory, and we will only have room for
50 students.  All students that elect to go will be responsible for
learning and memorizing 14 pieces of difficult music and attending
mandatory lunch rehearsals to work collectively.  At my discretion,
students that have not sufficiently learned the music will not be allowed
to attend.  Also, there may be some newer students that are not quite ready
to perform at Candlelight this year.

We will leave at 7:00am on Friday, Dec. 5, and go to Downtown Disney to eat
and shop, followed by rehearsal backstage at EPCOT.  After our 5:00pm
performance we will have time to play in the park and watch the fireworks.
That evening we will stay in the Embassy Suites - Lake Buena Vista.

On Saturday morning we will put on our custom made Lincoln Candlelight
shirts, eat a great breakfast that is included, and head off to a Disney
park for the day.  After playing in the park and, if you want,
participating in an epic scavenger hunt, we will leave for Tallahassee and
watch FSU win the ACC Chamionship on the satellite tv on the bus (it also
has wifi).

Due to increases in hotel and bus costs, the cost has gone up a little this
year to $135 per student.  Remember, that cost includes charter bus, lunch
Friday, hotel, breakfast Saturday, t-shirt and admission to the park on
Saturday.  I will start accepting payments from fourth year chorus students
this Wednesday, Nov. 5, third year students Thursday, Nov. 6, second year
students Friday, Nov. 7, and first year chorus students Monday, Nov.10.  By
the day after Veterans Day I need to finalize our performance roster, so
please don't wait.

We will also need at least three chaperones that will be "on-duty"
chaperones and will not be able to watch the actual show, just rehearsal.
Pleae let me know if you are interested in going as a chaperone.

I'm looking forward to this performance, please let me know if you have any
questions.

Peace,

Mr. Leaman