LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:37:43 -0500
This is the final e-mail regarding our trip to EPCOT to sing at
Candlelight before we leave Friday morning.  Please read the entire e-mail
so you do not miss important information!!!

This week we will have lunch rehearsals each day to make sure that all of
the music for Candlelight is memorized.  The schedule for the week is:

Monday – Hallelujah Chorus, Shout for Joy, What Child is This
Tuesday – O Holy Night, O Come All Ye Faithful, Do You Hear What I Hear
Wednesday – Rejoice With Exceeding Great Joy, Angles From the Realms,
Silent Night
Thursday –Il Est Ne, Away In a Manger, Joy to the World

Here is the itinerary for our trip.  Please make sure you are where you
need to be BEFORE you need to be there.

Friday, Nov. 3o
6:30AM  Arrive at Lincoln High School
7:00AM  Bus departs Lincoln High School
11:15AM  Arrive at Downtown Disney
2:15PM Bus leaves Downtown Disney
2:30PM  Bus arrives backstage at EPCOT
5:00PM  Performance
6:30PM  Exit backstage for time in the park
9:30PM  Illuminations (fireworks)
10:15PM  Bus leaves from the FRONT BUS PARKING
10:30PM  Check in to hotel

         Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista
         8100 Lake Ave.
         Orlando, FL 32836

Saturday, Dec. 1
8:30AM  Room checks with hotel staff
9:00AM  Bus leaves hotel for Disney – Hollywood Studios
6:30PM  Bus leaves Disney, non-stop to Tallahassee
10:45PM  Arrive back at Lincoln High School

Now for the details...

Arrive in the chorus room Friday morning by 6:30AM with your luggage, the
bus leaves at 7:00AM.  You understand my expectations and know that you
are to be where you need to be, before you need to be there.  When we take
roll on the bus it will be to see who we have left behind, not who we are
waiting on (since we won't be waiting).  To be early is to be on time, to
be on time is to be late, to be late is to be left.

We should arrive at Downtown Disney by 11:15AM and have plenty of time
to eat, shop, eat, play and eat.  Disney will be providing a box lunch
when we get backstage so if you do not want to get lunch while you are at
Downtown Disney you don't have to.  The bus will leave Downtown Disney at
2:15PM to go to the backstage area.  When you get on the bus you will need
to be wearing what you will wear for the performance.  That leads us to...

WHAT SHOULD I WEAR FOR THE PERFORMANCE?

Here are the guidelines, as sent out by Disney, for what you should wear
for the performance.

MEN
Shirt - solid white, no prints, no logos and no writing.  No turtlenecks
but any other style will do.

Pants - solid black dress pants in good condition.  No prints, patterns or
stripes.  Dress pants must be long enough to conceal the ankle without
dragging the ground.  JEANS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Shoes - Solid black shoes with solid black laces and black socks.  Choose
shoes for comfort because performers will be standing and walking for
extended periods.  Shoes can be dress, casual or athletic but they must be
solid black with no colors or logos.

WOMEN
Shirt - solid white, no prints, no logos and no writing.  No turtlenecks
but any other style will do.

Pants - solid black dress pants in good condition.  No prints, patterns or
stripes.  Dress pants must be long enough to conceal the ankle without
dragging the ground.  JEANS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Shoes - Solid black shoes with solid black laces and black socks or black
hosiery.  Choose shoes for comfort because performers will be standing and
walking for extended periods.  Heels are NOT recommended.  Shoes can be
dress, casual or athletic but they must be solid black with no colors or
logos.

When you get off the bus you won't need much.  If you want to bring a
light jacket or sweater you can keep it in the backstage area with one of
our on duty chaperones during the performance.  All chaperones and
students will need to have some sort of ID on them at all times in the
backstage area.  Students may have a school photo ID or drivers license.
Cell phones and cameras are not allowed in the backstage area but you can
keep them in your purse or on our table in the backstage area that will be
watched by Lincoln chaperones.

After the performance we will have time to play in the park, watch the
fireworks, Illuminations, and then
leave the park.  Tens of thousands of guests will be trying to leave at
the same time so my suggestion is that you watch them from the front of
the park.  Please remember that the bus will be in the bus parking at the
FRONT OF THE PARK, not where we were dropped off backstage.  The bus will
leave at 10:15 PM, with or without you.  You are very responsible young
adults so I expect you to be on time!  If you miss the bus you have the
address of the hotel on the itinerary above, get there and wait for us.
As I say each year, please do not test the "Leaman won't really leave me
Theory".  You and I both know that I will....

If parents are coming down to watch the performance please understand that
the only way you can reserve seating for the performance is by purchasing
the Candlelight Package through Disney.  If you do that, make sure that
you ask for either the 5:00 show or else they will hear a
different choir.  If you want to wait in line for a seat you should get in
line at least 45 minutes before the show.  The show is in the American
Garden Pavillion by the American Adventure.

When we get to the hotel we will check in and go directly to our rooms.  I
have asked that guys and girls be placed on different floors and if I see
anyone on the wrong floor I will assume that you have been in the room of
someone of the opposite gender.  If that happens this will be the last
time you ever go anywhere with chorus and you will be disciplined when we
return to school. I know that you understand my expectations and that
there won't be any problems but I also want you to be aware of what you
will unleash if you choose not to follow the rules.

The bus leaves Saturday morning at 9:00AM and rooms checks will begin at
8:30AM.  That means that prior to 8:30
you need to have packed and had breakfast.  The breakfast buffet is
included in the price so fill up!  Each student will get a Candlelight t-
shirt this week and I want each of you to wear it to the park on Saturday.
When we get to Disney – Hollywood Studios you need to stay
in groups, I do not want to see students walking around alone.  If I see
you by yourself you will walk around with me all day.  I walk slowly.  I
stop to look at flowers.  Find some other kids to hangout with, make some
friends.  You will eat lunch and dinner in the park, plan your day
accordingly.  If you need food suggestions just ask me.  The Hunt is on
again this year, bring a digital camera if you want to participate.
Groups will have between 3 and 6 people. The winning team for the
Scavenger Hunt will be announced at the Spring Corus Banquet and you must
be present to claim your prize. The bus leaves the park at 6:30PM, don't
get in line to ride Tower of Terror at 6:10PM, you won't make it!  Be smart!

We should arrive home by 10:45PM, please have transportation waiting for
you.  I have to wait until all students have left before I go home so
please be considerate and have your ride waiting.

If there is something I have not covered here please e-mail me ASAP. This
performance is an honor and you are representing Lincoln High School and
Leon County, make us all proud.

Peace,

Leaman