LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:27:09 -0500
This is to all of the students that THINK they are going with us to
Candlelight.

This e-mail is in response to the lunch rehearsal that just ended.  To say
that I am upset and disappointed would be the understatement of the day.
The lack of preparation that was displayed today caught me off guard and
will not be accepted in the Lincoln High School Chorus Room.

Was everyone unprepared?  No.

Do I understand the difference between struggling with something and not
knowing it at all?  Yes.

I want to put in writing what I said to you today.  You knew going into
this process that you were to look at the music on your own time.  You were
given PDF's of the sheet music and MP3 files of someone singing your part.
I gave you a schedule in advance of what songs were to be rehearsed each
day.  It is your responsibility to spend time on your own and then I
rehearse and put it together during lunch.  If you are unprepared I will
not take you on this trip.  Let me say that again, if you are unprepared I
will not take you on this trip.  I am sorry that some of you had to endure
my lecture, because some of you were prepared.  This message is not to
you.  Tomorrow is a new day and I will not carry todays baggage into
tomorrows rehearsal.  I will, however, ask unprepared students to leave.  I
believe in grace and I am giving it to you right now, please do not
disappoint me again.  We will revisit the Hallalujah Chorus and look at Do
You Hear What I Hear.

Good is not good when better is expected.

-Leaman