LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:50:17 -0400
This message is for the parents of students in Encore, our vocal ensemble
that meets 3rd period.

Members of the Lincoln HS Choral Department have been invited to
participate in Jacksonville Sings!, an invitational choral festival hosted
by the University of North Florida.  This honor choir will be conducted by
Simon Carrington, an incredible musician that has had a tremendous career
as both a singer with the Kings Singers and as a choral conductor at Kansas
University and Yale University.  We will prepare several pieces that we
will rehearse with Mr. Carrington over two days and then perform as part of
a larger choir.

This honor choir will be Sept. 20-22.  We will leave after school on
Thursday and the students will have one rehearsal followed by a luau hosted
by UNF that evening.  Friday will be a full day of rehearsing and Saturday
will have rehearsals in the morning and afternoon and a concert that
evening.

The cost of the trip will be $50 per student, which will include
registration, hotel, luau, concert t-shirt and breakfast Friday and
Saturday.  I need to send our registration in ASAP so please consider
whether or not your student will be able to go.  We have to bring balanced
quartets of students so we will need an even amount of ladies and men.  I
will also need at least two drivers that can chaperone and drive, I will
take care of hotel costs for the chaperones.  Please consider going with us
if you are available.

This class is already singing VERY well, I'm looking forward to a great
year with them.

Peace,

Mr. Leaman