LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:16:09 -0500
As I mentioned last month, the Lincoln Choral Department has been invited
to perform with the Walt Disney World Orchestra as part of the annual
Candlelight Ceremony and Processional.  We will be singing at EPCOT on
Friday, Dec. 2 and returning home Saturday, Dec. 3 after playing in a park
for the day.

This is a performance trip and we will be working for Walt Disney so
please do not sign up if you are not willing to put in the work.  You will
need to memorize 14 songs for the concert and the majority of the work
will be done on your own time.  I will provide mp3 recordings and pdf
files of the music for you and then we will run them during lunch
rehearsals after you have worked on them on your own.  As I have mentioned
in class, if you have been in trouble with student affairs this year and
have been in either In School Suspension or Out of School Suspension, you
will not be allowed to attend.

The cost of the trip is $115 per person which includes charter bus, one
night at the Embassy Suites lake Buena Vista, 2 meals and admission to a
Disney park.  I will start accepting money this Wednesday, Nov. 9, for
students that have been in chorus at Lincoln for four years.  Nov. 10 I
will take money from 3rd year students, Nov. 14 for 2nd year students and
Nov. 15 for first year students.  For this trip, freshman are not able to
attend.  please understand that if you turn in money it is not a deposit,
it is payment for the trip and the only way you can get your money back is
if you find someone to take your place.

If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me.

Peace,

Mr. Leaman