LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 08:48:19 -0400
We have been talking about it all year and now it is finally time to start
collecting money for our spring trip to the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage
Festival on May 3-4.  We will leave on Friday, May 3 at 5am and drive
directly to the New Orleans Fairgrounds where students will have an
opportunity to hear music from local, national and international musicians
as well as eat some of the most amazing food from local New Orleans
vendors. Performers the day we are there include Tab Benoit, Irma Thomas,
Willie Nelson and Maroon 5. A full list of performers and times can be
found at www.nojazzfest.com .  Following the day at Jazz Fest we will eat
dinner at New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood and then go to our hotel in
Kenner, LA, just north of New Orleans.  We will be staying at the Hilton
Garden Inn New Orleans Airport and breakfast Saturday morning is included.

On Saturday we will take a walking tour of the French Quarter with local
tour guides followed by time to walk around the Quarter with chaperones.
Later in the afternoon we will take a two hour cruise along the Mississippi
River on the Steamboat Natchez.  We will leave that afternoon and be home
by midnight Saturday evening. The cruise will be contingent upon having a
full bus for the trip to cover the transportation cost.  If we do not have
a full bus we will spend extra time in the French Quarter Saturday
afternoon.

I will start collecting money this Monday, April 1 for students that have
been in chorus for four years. Third year chorus students can bring money
Tuesday, second year students Wednesday and first year students on Thursday
until all spots are filled. The cost of the trip is $250, which includes
the cost of the charter bus, Jazz Fest t-shirt, ticket to Jazz Fest, hotel,
breakfast Saturday morning, the tour of the French Quarter and ticket on
the Steamboat Natchez.  This is our fourth trip to Jazz Fest and it is an
incredible opportunity for our students, I hope you will be able to come
with us.  We were only able to secure a 35 passenger bus for this trip so
seating will be limited, please get your money in ASAP.  We will have room
for chaperones, please let me know if you are interested in coming with us.

If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me ASAP.

Have a great weekend.

Mr. Leaman