LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2011 21:39:47 -0500
Here is the final info regarding All-State this week.

We will be leaving this Wednesday from Leon High School at 10:30 am.
Please be packed and at the Leon chorus room by 10:00. You will be excused
from school Wedneday, thursday and Friday but if you have an early class
you feel like you can not miss, feel free to attend.  We will be driving
down to Tampa with students from Leon and Chiles in vans that have been
rented by the school district and will be driven by parent and teacher
chaperones. On the way down to Tampa we will stop off at the Oaks Mall in
Gainesville for lunch and then continue to our hotel.  We will be staying
at the Embassy Suites Tampa/Westshore, 555 North Westshore Blvd, Tampa,
FL.  The hotel phone number is 813-875-1555.  We will have a
student/chaperone meeting at 5:30PM at the hotel and we will provide a
pizza dinner that chaperones will pick up.  Please bring $5 per person to
pay for that meal.  After the meeting we will leave the hotel to hear the
Westminster Choir College concert and then come back to the hotel.

You can find an entire rehearsal schedule for each choir at
http://fva.net/files/2011_All-State_Chorus_Schedule.pdf . The concert
schedule and venues are as follows:

Men's Chorus - Friday, Jan. 14, 6:15PM, Tampa Convention Center

Concert Chorus - Saturday, Jan. 15, 5PM, Tampa Performing Arts Center

Women's Chorus - Saturday, Jan. 15, 8PM, Tampa Performing Arts Center

I have purchased the limit of 2 tickets per student for any family members
that want to come down and hear the concerts.  Let me know ASAP so we can
arrange to get you the tickets when you arrive.

We will be leaving Tampa Sunday morning after breakfast and should arrive
in Tallahassee after lunch time.  If you are planning on coming down for
the concerts and want to take your student home with you, please let me
know so we can arrange the hand off.  I don't want any student to leave
Tampa without a teacher or chaperone seeing them leave with a parent!

Don't forget to bring your chorus dress or tux for the concert and DON'T
FORGET YOUR MUSIC!!! Double check before you leave because it will be
difficult to get another packet when we get to Tampa. Have your music hole-
punched and in a black folder with a pencil.

Breakfast is included at the hotel but you will need money for lunch and
dinner each night. It is going to be cold and the wind can get fierce,
dress accordingly!

The vans have been paid for by the county and Lincoln Chorus paid for
registration fees for students so we are asking for each student to
contribute $185 to help pay for the hotel costs.  This does not have to be
paid this week nor does it need to be paid all at once.  If you can pay it
in installments over the rest of the school year that is fine, just let me
know your situation.

If you have any other questions please feel free to e-mail me.

Peace,

Leaman