LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2012 07:24:26 -0400
This message is for parents of students in 6th period Women's Chorale.

The Lincoln High School Women's Chorale is one of five choirs in the state
that has been asked to perform at the University of Florida Invitational
Choral Festival on Thursday, October 25.  Our students will spend the day
at UF working with different professors on a variety of subjects and the
day will conclude with a concert in the University Auditorium at the School
of Music.

We will leave by charter bus at 6:00am and head directly for UF.  The
festival starts at 8:45am and we will work until lunch at 11:35.  Students
will need to bring money for lunch and will be escorted to the Reitz
Union.  After lunch we will continue to rehearse and the final concert for
the day will be at 4:00pm in the University Auditorium.  The concert is
free and open to the public so friends and family members are invited to
attend.  We will have room on the bus for four chaperones, please let me
know if you are interested in going with us.

The cost of the bus is $30 per student, please try to get that turned in as
soon as possible.  If the cost is a hardship please let me know ASAP and we
can come up with a plan. As a father of four I understand how difficult it
can be to come up with money for everything school related, just contact me
so I know what's going on.

This is an honor to be invited to sing at this event and I know that the
ladies will represent us well.  Have a great week.

Peace,

Mr. Leaman