LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:34:47 -0500
This is a reminder that tomorrow is our Choral MPA that is administered by
the Florida Vocal Association.  All of our choirs will have the opportunity
to be adjudicated by wonderful choral directors that will assess our
strengths and weaknesses and give us a final rating.  I am very proud of
how far our students have come this year and I know that they will do a
wonderful job representing Lincoln High School.

Here are the particulars for our choirs tomorrow.  I am going to break it
down according to choir since we are going to be performing in two
differents choir blocks.

Freshman Girls (5th per.) Intermediate Women (4th per.) and all men.

These singers will report directly to the chorus room at 7:30am in the
morning and will be excused for the entire day.  Make sure you bring your
entire uniform with you, you do not need to wear it to school.  We will
have a combined rehearsal until 9:00am and then all students will have 20
minutes to change into their uniform.  At 9:30am we will leave on a Leon
County School Bus for Chiles High School.  Because of the timing of the
block we will not have time to eat lunch at school so I am encouraging
students to bring a snack that they can eat on the bus on the way to
Chiles.  They may also bring another snack to eat on the way back to
Lincoln.  We will be in the Chiles auditorium from 10:00 - 1:00 and then
will come directly back to Lincoln on the school bus.  Students will be
back in time to catch their normal transportation home.  If there are any
parents that would like to come with us, we have plenty of room on the bus
for you to join us.

Women's Chorale (3rd per.) and Encore (2nd per.)

Our block is at Chiles after school.  Please bring your uniform to school
in the morning and hang it on one of the racks.  You will go to per. 1-5
and then come to the chorus room for 6th period.  Please get your uniform
and change so we can leave by 1:40.  Since buses are unavailable at that
time of the day and school will be out, we will be carpooling over to
Chiles.  We need to be in the auditorium by 2:20 and our block should be
over by 5:20.

Peace,

Mr. Leaman