LEON-PARENTS Archives

Leon Parents

LEON-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Margo Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margo Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:42:51 -0400
I’m so glad that this time of the year has finally arrived.  School just
isn’t a school with the students and faculty out of the buildings.  Welcome
back to everyone!  We’ve had a busy summer on the Leon campus.  All the
staff and administrators have worked hard to get everything ready for the
new school year.  When you visit the campus, please walk around and notice
the changes.  We hope that you like them as much as we do.

 This summer saw many of our students and faculty members working
hard to prepare for this year.  Our athletes, cheerleaders, and band
members practiced with much enthusiasm to make their fall activities be the
best possible.  Latin students traveled to San Antonio for the National
Junior Classical League Conference and returned with many awards and
trophies.   Congratulations!   The choral program presented an absolutely
marvelous summer musical - Into the Woods.  What a delightful evening to be
able to see such talented Leon students thoroughly enjoying themselves and
giving us an incredible opportunity to see an off- Broadway play here in
Tallahassee.  Faculty members were at conferences, workshops, and AP
training sessions throughout the summer.  All returned energized and
excited about new techniques and increased knowledge.

 We’re ready for the school year and are eager to see you all on
campus, involved with the multitude of activities that are so much a part
of Leon High School.  Please mark your calendars for September 29, the date
for our Open House.  Details about the time will be coming later.

 Hope to see you soon.